Implementing ILLiad at your library
Get support with the optional OCLC Implementation services
If your ILL department is trying to cope with a lean staff and a heavy workload, you can count on OCLC ILLiad Implementation Services to help. Our services are designed to leverage your time, resources and knowledge effectively. We move your project along quickly and efficiently—resulting in a successful ILLiad implementation.
Services to help launch your OCLC ILLiad project
First, we'll assign an implementation manager. Our implementation managers not only know the ILLiad software, but, just as importantly, they have an understanding of libraries and interlibrary loan.
The implementation manager will work with you to define goals, objectives and schedules. Together, you will work through task lists, ILLiad workflows and communication plans that will "jump start" your project.
With OCLC ILLiad Implementation Services, your ILLiad software will become integrated closely with your ILL department's workflow and operating procedures, minimizing internal disruptions and maximizing value to your library staff and users.
A dedicated, experienced implementation manager will lead you step-by-step through your ILLiad project. The manager will help you to set milestones, define key tasks and determine workflow impacts. If any technical issues should arise during the project, the manager will coordinate with the appropriate technical support staff to resolve the matter.
As part of the Implementation Services, you'll also receive:
- Proven best practices, tools and resources to help you implement and use ILLiad effectively. We bring the experience gained from previous successful ILLiad projects.
- An implementation plan based on your library's unique goals and objectives. We also consider:
- The ILLiad components your library plans to implement (e.g., borrowing, lending, document delivery, copyright clearance, etc.).
- The experience and availability of your staff. We'll base schedules and activities on your particular needs.
- Personal learning plans that analyze skill gaps, identify available resources and help your library staff become more proficient with ILLiad.
- Speeding the implementation of your ILLiad software to achieve results for your library and users more quickly.
- Making more efficient use of your staff’s time by leveraging our experience from prior ILLiad implementations.
- Integrating ILLiad with your library’s workflows and operating procedures to minimize internal disruptions and maximize value to your library staff and users.