Migrating to version 8.4
ILLiad software version 8.4 is now available for ILLiad subscribers. This new version of ILLiad software includes the first integration of new features from WorldShare Interlibrary Loan into the ILLiad service, along with access to new APIs that enable integration with favorite applications.
ILLiad version 8.4 includes changes to overdues processing, enhancements related to the release of the new WorldShare Interlibrary Loan service, improved Article Exchange workflows, a new IFM-related add-on and new Web services.
Upgrade to ILLiad version 8.4 for:
- New options for overdue processing
- Enhancements related to new features in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan
- Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) Get It Now add-on to support IFM.
- Integration with several new OCLC resource sharing APIs:
- Article Exchange API for upload and download.
- Policies Directory API.
- Interlibrary Loan Fee Management (IFM) API
New upgrade process
Upgrading to ILLiad version 8.4 and use of the APIs described above requires use of a WSKey (Web services key).
Request a WSKey through OCLC Service Configuration. Once you receive your WSKey, you may configure your version 8.4 software through the ILLiad customization manager.
Learn more about using a WSKey for your ILLiad 8.4 upgrade:
End of support for Versions 8.1 and 8.2
You can move directly to ILLiad version 8.4 from version 8.1 or 8.2 without first upgrading to version 8.3.
Plan your upgrade
Additional details about ILLiad version 8.4 are provided in the following resources: