Did you know that you can customize the FirstSearch interface with graphics, text and colors?
If you want, you can display one or two logos or images of your choice, customize how your library’s name appears, add your consortium or group name, and choose a different color palette. Doing so will visually integrate FirstSearch with other electronic resources you provide for your users. You need not do anything if you are happy with the look of the interface.
To add images or customized text, all you need to do is
· Click on this link.
· Enter your FirstSearch administrative authorization and password on the administrative module login screen
You will be taken directly to the Interface Display -> Your Library Settings -> Your Library area in your FirstSearch administrative module. To make changes:
· Enter the URL for a logo or image you would like to display in the top left area of the interface under “Logo Image File” in the box labeled “Upper Left Logo”. The default is the FirstSearch logo, but you may replace this or delete it.
· Enter text you would like to display next to this logo or image in the box labeled “Upper Left Text”
· Repeat for the upper right area by entering a URL in the “Upper Right Logo” box and/or editing the text in the “Upper Right Text” box. The default for the latter is your library’s name as generated by OCLC’s billing system.
· Click “Save Changes.”
To change the color palette, all you need to do is
· Click on this link:
· Enter your FirstSearch administrative authorization and password on the administrative module login screen.
You will be taken directly to the Interface Display -> Your Library Settings -> User Interface Colors area in your FirstSearch administrative module, where you can select the color palette of your choice, or customize colors.
If you would like to make these changes to the look of the FirstSearch interface, but don’t have access to your library’s FirstSearch administrative module, please forward this message to the person at your library who can make the changes.
Questions? Online help is available on the site, or contact your regional service provider or OCLC User and Network Support, or 1-800-848-5800.
Last revised: 11 October 2005