Minimum version required
The options described in this document require EZproxy 4.0a GA (2006-08-02) [Athens] or later.
Athens Windows Agent
If you are installing the Athens-enabled version of EZproxy for Windows, you will need to download and install the Athens Windows Agent 3.7 from the Athens DSP Administration download area using the follow steps:
- Log into your Athens DSP Administration account and go into the download area.
- Download the .exe version of the Athens Windows Agent 3.7 and save it on the computer where you will be running EZproxy.
- Launch the installer and proceed through the introductory pages until you reach the Setup Type page.
- On the Setup Type page, select a Custom install and click Next.
- On the Custom Setup page, next to "IIS Filter" select "This feature will not be available", next to "Activex/COM component" select "This feature will not be available," next to OpenSSL Library, leave the default of "This feature will be installed on local hard drive," and then click Next.
- On the Ready to Install Program page, click Install.
- On the InstallShield Wizard Complete page, click Finish.
Once these steps completed, you can proceed with installing the Athens-enabled version of EZproxy for Windows.