Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) features a new feature called Windows Firewall. If you are running an EZproxy server on Windows XP SP2, you must perform the following steps to configure Windows Firewall to permit incoming connections to your server.
- Go to "Start | Run..." and in the "Open:" box type: firewall.cpl and then press Enter. This should open the "Windows Firewall" control panel window.
- Click on the "Exceptions" tab.
- Click on "Add Program..."
- Click on "Browse..." and then browse to find the ezproxy.exe program (standard location is c:\ezproxy) then click Open.
- "ezproxy" should now appear in the list of exceptions. If there is no checkmark in the checkbox next to ezproxy, click on the checkbox to add a checkmark.
- Click once on "ezproxy" to highlight that line and then click Edit...
- A window titled "Edit a Program" should open. In this windows, click Change scope..., make sure the radio button next to "Any program (including those on the Internet)" is highlighted, click OK in the "Change Scope" window, and click OK in the "Edit a Program" window.
- Click OK to close the "Windows Firewall" window.