WorldCat® Discovery Services documentation
Complete list of documentation
Below are individual links to documentation. These resources are consolidated as a workflow for you on the Getting started with WorldCat Discovery page as described in the section above.
- WorldCat Discovery settings
Concise guide to configuration settings and options for personalization
- OCLC Service Configuration guide
Complete guide to the administrative modules in Service Configuration
- Customize your request button for resource sharing
See the WorldShare Interlibrary Loan support pages for more information
- Customize your patron request form
Learn how to customize the form that your patrons will use to place requests with WorldShare Interlibrary Loan.
- Set up linking from search results to your OPAC
Instructions on how to configure Deep OPAC links
- Add a WorldCat Discovery search box to any webpage
Copy and paste one of these html examples as a starting point:
Example A: Basic embedded search box code
Example B: Allow patrons to limit their search
Example C: Search box for specific databases
Interface features and searching
- Create and manage staff accounts
Guide to creating staff accounts for the WorldCat Discovery interface. Patrons do not need accounts but staff accounts show additional features.
- Maximizing use of your library’s WorldCat Discovery interface features
Guide to navigating the WorldCat Discovery interface after it is configured. Tips on navigating, searching, adding/removing databases, permalinks and more.
- Searching in WorldCat Discovery (differences from FirstSearch)
Quick guide showing the ways expert searching in your WorldCat Discovery interface differs from searching in FirstSearch
- Searching WorldCat indexes
Comprehensive guide with details on query syntax and index labels available for expert searching
- Item bibliographic data
See a table that describes the fields of item bibliographic data shown for items in the WorldCat Discovery interface.
Collections and content
- View the list of databases for WorldCat Discovery libraries. It can help you add your subscription databases to your metasearch content.
- Collections in the WorldCat knowledge base
Visit the Collection Manager support page for release notes and monthly knowledge base updates to find a spreadsheet of all of the available collections
Settings for options
Related support and training
- OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary loan
- WorldShare Collection Manager (WorldCat knowledge base)
- OCLC Link Resolver
- Batchload documentation
- CONTENTdm "quick start"
- WorldCat Application Programming Interface (WorldCat API)
See the complete list of OCLC product and service support site links.