WorldCat® Discovery Services documentation
Complete list of documentation
Below are individual links to documentation. These resources are consolidated as a workflow for you on the Getting started with WorldCat Discovery page as described in the section above.
- WorldCat Discovery settings
Concise guide to configuration settings and options for personalization
- OCLC Service Configuration guide
Complete guide to the administrative modules in Service Configuration
- Customize your request button for resource sharing
See the WorldShare Interlibrary Loan support pages for more information
- Customize your patron request form
Learn how to customize the form that your patrons will use to place requests with WorldShare Interlibrary Loan.
- Set up linking from search results to your OPAC
Instructions on how to configure Deep OPAC links
- Add a WorldCat Discovery search box to any webpage
Copy and paste one of these html examples as a starting point:
Example A: Basic embedded search box code
Example B: Allow patrons to limit their search
Example C: Search box for specific databases
Interface features and searching
- Create and manage staff accounts
Guide to creating staff accounts for the WorldCat Discovery interface. Patrons do not need accounts but staff accounts show additional features.
- Maximizing use of your library’s WorldCat Discovery interface features
Guide to navigating the WorldCat Discovery interface after it is configured. Tips on navigating, searching, adding/removing databases, permalinks and more.
- Searching in WorldCat Discovery (differences from FirstSearch)
Quick guide showing the ways expert searching in your WorldCat Discovery interface differs from searching in FirstSearch
- Searching WorldCat indexes
Comprehensive guide with details on query syntax and index labels available for expert searching
Collections and content
- List of the databases available in the central index
View the list of databases for WorldCat Discovery libraries. It can help you add your subscription databases to your metasearch content.
WorldCat Local and WorldShare Management Services libraries: Use the content list on your product support page or see the list for the remote database search option)
- Collections in the WorldCat knowledge base
Visit the Collection Manager support page for release notes and monthly knowledge base updates to find a spreadsheet of all of the available collections
Settings for options
Related support and training
- OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary loan
- WorldShare Collection Manager (WorldCat knowledge base)
- OCLC Link Resolver
- Batchload documentation
- CONTENTdm "quick start"
- WorldCat Application Programming Interface (WorldCat API)
See the complete list of OCLC product and service support site links.