Get WorldCat records and holdings for content from Wiley
If you need access to WorldShare Collection Manager (the Metadata tab in the WorldShare interface), see the information to create your account. Instructions are included both for libraries with and for libraries without an OCLC Cataloging Subscription.
Libraries without an OCLC Cataloging Subscription, please note: Because your access to Collection Manager is for the exclusive purpose of receiving selective provider records, you will not have access to some of the functionality discussed in the instructional materials. For example, you will not be able to set holdings in WorldCat.
Find support contacts and additional resources below.
Determine the best method to add your collections through Collection Manager
Choose the type of collection to add in Collection Manager based on how you order materials from your provider. Do you order title-by-title or in online book packages?
If you subscribe to a User Based Collection Management (UBCM) collection, follow a hybrid approach. For the duration of your subscription, add a knowledge base collection within Collection Manager. When your subscription ends, to add your perpetual access titles, create a cataloging partner collection through Collection Manager. Please see the table below for more details.
Find more information about the types of collections available through WorldShare Collection Manager.
Coordinate with your provider
After you order items from your provider, at your request, your provider will send OCLC an electronic invoice with your order information (called a "manifest"). Before you get started, please note:
- The account number and collection ID you enter in Collection Manager must match what is in the manifest that your provider sends to OCLC on your behalf. See the required fields for creating a cataloging partner collection in Collection Manager for more information.
- Providers differ in the data they send OCLC in your electronic invoice. For information about the data elements you can map to your records in Collection Manager, see the table of cataloging partner data values.
For cataloging partner collections you create in Collection Manager for content from Wiley:
- Account Number: Use your OCLC symbol
- Collection ID: Use your OCLC symbol
When Wiley sends your manifest to OCLC, Wiley includes the following cataloging partner data values:
- Currency Code
- Invoice Date
- Invoice Number
- Line Item Number
- Product Type
- Purchase Order Date
- Purchase Order Number
- Vendor Book Number
Sign in to the WorldShare interface at your library's WorldShare URL (https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms [Replace yourlibrary with your library's identifier]). Navigate to Metadata > Collection Manager.
Follow the step-by-step instructions:
The instructions include the steps to:
Wiley collections have similar names in Collection Manager but there are slight differences from the collection names used by your provider. If your collection is not returned when you search within Collection Manager, please try our suggestions for searching.
Try entering a root word and then an asterisk (*) as a truncation operator. For example: Wiley AGU*
|Collection name(s) for searching
||Collection ID(s) for searching||Notes about the collection(s)|
|Wiley AGU Book Series, or Wiley AGU*
|This collection contains all of the American Geophysical Union titles published with Wiley. Select the collection in full.
|Wiley Blackwell Reference Online, or Wiley Blackwell*||wiley.bro||This is the entire Blackwell Reference Online collection with monthly updates. Select the collection in full or modify the collection to match your subset of titles.
|These collections are available for customers making frontlist subject purchases or yearly subject frontlist purchases (2015 and later). New titles are added each month.
|Wiley Online Books UBCM*
If your institution purchased the full UBCM package, select the knowledge base collection in full for the duration of your subscription.
To add your perpetual access titles when your subscription ends, create a cataloging partner collection through Collection Manager and ask Wiley to send OCLC an electronic invoice with your title information.
|Wiley Online Library*||wiley.backlist[multiple]||Backlist collections are available for specific subjects.
|Wiley Online Library*
Customers can manually modify this collection to match their subset of titles.
UBCM customers should not use this collection.
|Wiley Online Major Reference Works||wiley.mrw||Select the collection in full or modify the collection to match your subset of e-Major Reference Works (eMRW) titles.
Add your collection(s)
Search for the collection:
- Sign in to the WorldShare interface at your library's WorldShare URL (https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms [Replace yourlibrary with your library's identifier]). Navigate to Metadata > Collection Manager and locate the search box.
- Un-check My Selected Collections to search across the content in the global knowledge base. Search for your collection. See the help system for tips on searching.
If you have access to all of the titles in the collection
If you have access to a subset of titles in the collection
Add the collection/collection titles to your library's knowledge base:
- The global knowledge base collection includes all available titles. Most libraries subscribe to a subset of the titles available. Modify the collection to select the titles to which your library subscribes and to enter your library's coverage information.
Choose the instructions that apply to your needs
Record delivery is available both to libraries with and without an OCLC Cataloging Subscription. However, some functionality is available only to libraries with an OCLC Cataloging Subscription. Instructions, like those to enable WorldCat holdings, are relevant to libraries with an OCLC Cataloging Subscription and will be demarcated accordingly.
Get WorldCat records
To enable record delivery, customize your records, and retrieve records from the WorldShare interface, follow the guide to:
Use your collection data with other OCLC products and services
Expand the section below for links to instructions to expose full-text links in WorldCat Discovery, deflect lending requests for WorldShare ILL, and more:
Use collection data with other OCLC products and services
When you have added at least one knowledge base collection in Collection Manager, you have options to:
- Enable WorldCat holdings and automate holdings maintenance
- Surface your materials in Google Scholar by configuring the Google Scholar settings in Settings > Proxy and authentication > Google Scholar
- Share a collection with a library in your consortium that uses knowledge base collections so that only one library needs to maintain the collection
- Download a file of your collections to complement another knowledge base service using the setting in Collection Manager > Settings > Knowledge base data
If you use other OCLC products and services, you have options to:
- Expose full-text links in your discovery interface. See the support pages for help with additional WorldCat Discovery settings (WorldCat Discovery and WorldShare Management Services libraries)
- Configure link resolution settings - Generate an A to Z list (WorldCat Discovery and WorldShare Management Services libraries)
- Configure resource sharing settings and define a deflection policy (WorldShare Interlibrary Loan libraries)
- Get reports on e-resources with WorldShare Reports (WorldShare Management Services libraries)
- Manage license information and settings (WorldShare License Manager libraries)
From your provider
Additional resources are available from Wiley in Wiley Online Library.