Get WorldCat records, holdings, and links for content from MIT Press; MIT Press Journals (formerly IEEE)
Collection name(s) for searching
||Tips for searching|
|MIT Press [various collections]
IEEE Xplore MIT Press [various collections]
Search by Provider "MIT Press"
If you need access to Collection Manager (the Metadata tab in the WorldShare interface), see the information to create your account.
Add your collection(s)
Search for the collection:
- Sign in to the WorldShare interface at your library's WorldShare URL (https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms [Replace yourlibrary with your library's identifier]). Navigate to Metadata > Collection Manager and locate the search box.
- Un-check My Selected Collections to search across the content in the global knowledge base. Search for your collection. See the help system for tips on searching.
Add the collection/collection titles to your library's knowledge base:
- The global knowledge base collection includes all available titles. Most libraries subscribe to a subset of the titles available. Modify the collection to select the titles to which your library subscribes and to enter your library's coverage information.
Choose the instructions that apply to your needs
Record delivery is available both to libraries with and without an OCLC Cataloging Subscription. However, some functionality is available only to libraries with an OCLC Cataloging Subscription. Instructions, like those to enable WorldCat holdings, are relevant to libraries with an OCLC Cataloging Subscription and will be demarcated accordingly.
Get WorldCat records
Use your collection data with other OCLC products and services
Expand the section below for links to instructions to expose full-text links in WorldCat Discovery, deflect lending requests for WorldShare ILL, and more:
Use collection data with other OCLC products and services
When you have added at least one knowledge base collection in Collection Manager, you have options to:
- Enable WorldCat holdings and automate holdings maintenance
- Surface your materials in Google Scholar by configuring the Google Scholar settings in Settings > Proxy and authentication > Google Scholar
- Share a collection with a library in your consortium that uses knowledge base collections so that only one library needs to maintain the collection
- Download a file of your collections to complement another knowledge base service using the setting in Collection Manager > Settings > Knowledge base data
If you use other OCLC products and services, you have options to:
- Expose full-text links in your discovery interface. See the support pages for help with additional WorldCat Discovery settings (WorldCat Discovery and WorldShare Management Services libraries)
- Configure link resolution settings - Generate an A to Z list (WorldCat Discovery and WorldShare Management Services libraries)
- Configure resource sharing settings and define a deflection policy (WorldShare Interlibrary Loan libraries)
- Get reports on e-resources with WorldShare Reports (WorldShare Management Services libraries)
- Manage license information and settings (WorldShare License Manager libraries)
Find additional support materials
Visit us in office hours. No appointment is needed.
Missing records for a knowledge base collection?
See the possible reasons why you did not receive a record for a title:
The title does not meet content type requirements
Titles in Collection Manager must:
- Have an OCLC number and have a URL/856 and be of a readable format and coverage (i.e., journal [fulltext, print], ebook, and so forth), or
- Have an OCLC number and lack a URL/856 but have a content type of other or print
For more details, about the types of materials that can output a MARC record, see the knowledge base FAQ page and navigate to the section on Record delivery of knowledge base collections.
The title does not have an OCLC number
- No record exists for the item in WorldCat
- A record exists but because of the complexities of cataloging electronic items, it is not classified as an electronic resource in a way that corresponds to the knowledge base’s matching process
About the percentage of titles with OCLC numbers in a collection
The percentage of OCLC numbers in a collection listed in the Collections available in the WorldCat knowledge base can help you determine the percentage of records that will be output for a collection.
If a matching OCLC number becomes available at a later date, the corresponding WorldCat record will be issued automatically. You can add an OCLC number manually. Doing so will trigger the output of the corresponding record.
To view gaps in OCLC number coverage for an individual collection, search for and open the collection in Collection Manager and expand Titles. Download the collection's KBART sheet and review the oclc_number column.
How to help improve OCLC number coverage for all libraries
To have OCLC numbers added to a global collection by the knowledge base team:
- Complete the OCLC number correction form with as much detail as possible for each title.
- Submit the form as a support request to OCLC support, indicating that you'd like the knowledge base team to add the OCLC numbers to the attached titles.
- The knowledge base team will review and schedule the addition of these OCLC numbers typically within 1-3 months.