Connexion Browser training
OCLC is pleased to offer a variety of Connexion browser training, in both instructor-led and tutorial formats. As part of our commitment to controlling costs and providing value for our members, this training is offered for free to users of the service.
Not sure which training you should take? View the Learning Paths for Connexion Browser
- Connexion Browser Module 1: WorldCat, MARC, and Browser Basics
- Connexion Browser Module 2: Basic Searching in Connexion Browser
- Connexion Browser Module 3: Basic Editing and Record Processing
- Connexion Browser Module 5: Editing Master Records
- Connexion Browser Module 6: Advanced Bibliographic Searching
- Connexion Browser Module 7: Original Cataloging
- Connexion Browser Module 8: Authority Control
- Connexion Browser Overview
- Searching WorldCat
- Managing Constant Data
- Creating Bibliographic Records
- Metadata Extraction
- Editing Bibliographic Records
- Controlling Headings in Bibliographic Records
- Taking Final Actions on Bibliographic Records
- Institution Records
- SCIPIO Records
- Local Holdings Overview
- Search WorldCat for Local Holdings Records
- Maintain Local Holdings Records
- Create Local Holdings Records
- Local Holdings Constant Data
- Local Holdings Agent Activity
- Introduction to MARC Tagging
Can't find what you're looking for? Have an idea for training? Let us know!
05 June 2013
This course provides instruction on the structure of the WorldCat bibliographic database, an introduction to the MARC bibliographic record format, as well as an introduction to the setup and basic navigation of Connexion Browser.
06 June 2013
This online module provides instruction on performing basic bibliographic searches using OCLC’s Connexion Browser cataloging software.
11 June 2013
This online course provides instruction on working with MARC bibliographic records in Connexion Browser, including using MARC field help, editing MARC records, updating holdings, and exporting MARC records.
12 June 2013
This course provides instruction on OCLC’s rules and process for editing and improving master records in the WorldCat database with a standard, full-level cataloging authorization.
13 June 2013
This online module provides instruction on how to use Connexion Browser to conduct advanced searches of the WorldCat database.
18 June 2013
This web-based course explains OCLC standards for original bibliographic records in WorldCat, and provides instruction on techniques for creating these records in Connexion Browser.
19 June 2013
This course provides instruction on how to use OCLC Connexion Browser to perform authority control work within bibliographic records.