Senior Program Officer
Ricky Erway is a Senior Program Officer in OCLC Research. She works on topics related to digitization (rights issues, mass digitization, and increasing the scale of digitization of special collections). She is also very involved in the Research Information Management program, guiding several working groups as they investigate how academic libraries can better serve their institutions' research missions. Ricky's wide-ranging expertise is often tapped for invited presentations at a variety of professional conferences and workshops.
Prior to the combination of RLG and OCLC in July of 2006, Ricky was Manager of Digital Resources at RLG, responsible for CAMIO (the Catalog of Art Museum Images Online) and RLG Cultural Materials (digitized special collections from a variety of libraries, archives, and museums) and was a key player in the development of ArchiveGrid (a service that aggregates bibliographic records and finding aids describing archival and special collections).
Before joining RLG, Ricky worked at the Library of Congress for nine years, the last five as associate coordinator of the American Memory program, aimed at significantly increasing public access to the special collections of the Library of Congress. Ricky has an MLS from the University of Wisconsin, USA.
- Research Information Management
- Testing the Desirability of Research Services
- Research Information Management Roadmap
- Library, Archive, and Museum Collaboration
- Introduce Balance in Rights Management
- Support for Research Workflows
- Rapid Capture: Mass Digitization of Special Collections
- Single Search for Library, Archive and Museum Collections
- Born-Digital Special Collections