Merrilee Proffitt to present keynote at Libraries, MOOCs and Online Learning event in Australia on 19 March
OCLC Research Senior Program Officer Merrilee Proffitt will present "MOOCs and beyond: online education and libraries, what is happening in the field" on at 11:00-11:40 a.m. AEST at the State Library of Queensland Auditorium, Stanley Place, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101. In this presentation, Merrilee will share results from interviews with librarians about the role library collections and services play in online learning as well as how this space is evolving.
Sponsored by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), Council of Australian University Librarians (CAUL), OCLC and the State Library of Queensland, Libraries, MOOCs and Online Learning brings together library stakeholders in the online learning space to talk about:
- MOOCs (the trends in remote course delivery to large cohorts of students);
- the issues for libraries (collections, copyright, information, literacy, citation styles, research, staff skills),
- how academic libraries can support online learning;
- how other libraries—public, state/territory, technical and further education (TAFE), school are getting involved and
- the opportunities for advocacy.
For more information:
Libraries, MOOCs and Online Learning event overview [link]
Libraries, MOOCs and Online Learning event program [link]
Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) [link]
Council of Australian University Librarians (CAUL) [link]
State Library of Queensland [link]
Merrilee Proffitt [link]