The public is invited to attend this free event featuring presentations by UNC Chapel Hill Professor of Sociology Dr. Charles Kurzman and OCLC Senior Research Scientist Dr. Lynn Silipigni Connaway.
The agenda for this event is:
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. – Shifts in Scholarly Attention Among World Regions by Dr. Charles Kurzman. In this presentation, Dr. Kurzman will will present his research on how social science maps the world through changing academic attention to world regions over the past 50 years. OCLC Research is pleased to present this webinar as part of the OCLC Collective Insight Series. See the full description of this presentation here.
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. – Break
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Why Google?: “…[Google] saved time, it saved gas, I got what I needed, and it wasn’t a big deal.” by Dr. Lynn Silipigni Connaway. In this presentation, Dr. Connaway will discuss results of multiple user behavior studies and recommendations for promoting user engagement with library services, sources, and systems. See the full description here.
Register here to attend this event in person. In-person registration is limited to 50 guests.
To attend the presentations online via WebEx, please register for each individually at the following links:
- Register to participate virtually in Dr. Charles Kurzman's Shifts in Scholarly Attention Among World Regions presentation from 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Register to participate virtually in Dr. Lynn Silipigni Connaway's Why Google?: “…[Google] saved time, it saved gas, I got what I needed, and it wasn’t a big deal.” presentation from 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
This event will take place in the UNC Chapel Hill Undergraduate Library Lecture Room (UL 205, on the second floor) and online via WebEx.
The suggested parking lot for in-person attendees is Rams Head Deck, located on Ridge Road, is a 400-space visitor parking deck that provides visitor parking access to the UNC campus due to its mid-campus location. An attendant is on duty or a pay-in-lane station is available during posted operational hours. The Rams Head Deck is the closest to the UL; another option is the NC 54 visitor lot, further east on the Raleigh Road. See the maps on the right-hand side of this page and the UNC website for parking information.
OCLC Research would like to thank UNC Chapel Hill for graciously hosting this event.
For more information:
Consulting Project Manager
Senior Communications Officer
- Register to attend this event in person [link]
- Register to attend Dr. Charles Kurzman's presentation online [link]
- Register to attend Dr. Lynn Silipigni Connaway's presentation online [link]
- UNC Chapel Hill parking information [link]
- OCLC Research webinars [link]
- OCLC Research webinars in iTunes [link]
- OCLC Research YouTube Channel [link]
- OCLC Collective Insight Series: Driven by Shared Data [link]