The PREMIS Managing Agency at the Library of Congress announced the committee's membership, which was determined by the Agency in consultation with the other principal organizers in the development of the PREMIS Data Dictionary: OCLC, RLG, and the Florida Center for Library Automation (FCLA).
Committee members are:
- Rebecca Guenther (Library of Congress)
- Priscilla Caplan (Florida Center for Library Automation)
- Brian Lavoie (OCLC)
- Steve Bordwell (National Archives of Scotland)
- Olaf Brandt (Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen)
- Gerard Clifton (National Library of Australia)
- Rory McLeod (British Library)
- Bill Leonard (Library and Archives Canada)
- Yaniv Levi (ExLibris)
- Zhiwu Xie (Los Alamos National Laboratories)
The Editorial Committee will work with the Managing Agency to set directions and priorities for PREMIS development in order to ensure that sufficient resources are available to support needed initiatives and achieve PREMIS goals.
The PREMIS maintenance activity is responsible for maintaining, supporting, and coordinating future revisions to the PREMIS data dictionary.
The Preservation Metadata: Implementation Strategies Working Group, convened by OCLC and RLG, initially developed the PREMIS data dictionary as a specification with the goal of creating an implementable set of core preservation metadata elements, with broad applicability within the digital preservation community.
The joint working group won the 2005 Digital Preservation Award, sponsored by the Digital Preservation Coalition, in recognition of "leadership and advancement in digital preservation."