November 2006 RLG-OCLC Transition Forum—Middle East Librarians Association
Date & Location: Saturday, November 18, 2006. Marriott Copley Place, Boston, MA.
2:00 – 2:05 pm Introductions to the RLG-OCLC staff
- Karen Smith-Yoshimura, OCLC Service Center
- Arthur Smith, OCLC Middle East & Northern Africa
- David Whitehair, OCLC Connexion client product manager
2:05 – 3:35 pm Experiences Using Connexion for Arabic-script Cataloging
- Hikmat Faraj, Middle Eastern Studies Bibliographer
Emory University Libraries
- Roberta L. Dougherty, Middle Eastern Studies Librarian
University of Texas Libraries, University of Texas at Austin
3:35 – 4:00 pm Transitioning RLG Services to OCLC
- Karen Smith-Yoshimura, on behalf of the OCLC-RLG Technical Services Transition Team
Discussion: Share your questions about integrating the RLG Union Catalog into WorldCat and migrating RLIN21 use to Connexion!