RDF Topicmaps documentation
Data flow overview
Before you begin
Go to the bin directory and make sure all the scripts' sh-bang lines are correct for your system. Then run setup.sh. This script will create a configuration file and modify the other bash scripts to source that file.
When you install Jena (see below), copy jena.jar and xerces.jar over to the lib subdirectory.
A set of Perl modules used to manipulate RDF data is included with the distribution. They are not, however, intended as a general purpose RDF handlers. You can install them into your Perl site_perl directory as with the other modules, or you can add a "use lib" line to bin/load.pl and cgi-bin/rdftm.pl pointing to the lib directory of TMDemoRDF.
After you've installed all the required code listed below, follow the steps outlined at left.
RDF Topicmap dependencies
- C Libraries:
- Java Libraries:
- Perl Modules: available on CPAN
- HTML-Normalizer-1.3 (available here)
- HTML-MetaExtor-1.7 (available here)
- TMDemoRDF (included)
- WWW-Harvester-1.14 (available here)
- The Unicode modules and the Jcode module are optional. You'll only want them if your data has characters outside the ASCII range.
- Apache (v 1.3.12) is the web server used for our demo. Other web servers will likely work, but are untested.
- These are the version numbers known to work.Other versions of some modules may work as well.