The DCMI Metadata Registry is sponsored by the Dublin Core Metadata Initiative. It is the primary focus of the DCMI Registry Working Group. The goal of the Registry is to promote the discovery, reuse and extension of existing semantics, and to facilitate the creation of new vocabularies.
The Registry employs a Web-based user interface to
- enable users to explore the Dublin Core vocabulary
- provide authoritative information regarding
- the DCMI vocabulary
- the relationship between terms in that vocabulary
- full-text search support
- the ability to navigate the DC vocabulary using a number of pre-defined queries
- 23-language internationalization support
- includes term and user interface translations
- developed through the efforts of over 40 volunteers
- two user interfaces, supporting
- metadata specialists
- RDF experts.
- Wagner, Harry and Rachel Heery [first author]. 2002. " A Metadata Registry for the Semantic Web." D- Lib Magazine 8,5 (May).
OCLC Research team
- Stu Weibel (lead)
- Harry Wagner