Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) 22 Summaries
The Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) system uses simple decimal notation to divide recorded knowledge into 10 main classes, 100 divisions and 1,000 sections. DDC 22 Summaries provides a complete list of these groupings. Browsing the summaries is fast and easy way to become familiar with the DDC's structure.
More specific information about the DDC Summaries is available.
You may download the DDC 22 Summaries if you accept the terms and conditions (T&C) governing their use.
All copyright rights in the Dewey Decimal Classification system are owned by OCLC.
Dewey, Dewey Decimal Classification, DDC, OCLC and WebDewey are registered trademarks of OCLC.
You may download the DDC 22 Summaries by following one of the links below. Please note that by doing so you are indicating your acceptance of the DDC Summaries T&C below.
- in Excel format (XLS:116K/1 sheet)
- as a PDF document (includes additional explanatory material) (PDF:971K/20pp.)
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. ("OCLC") ResearchWorks — Additional Terms and Conditions for use of DDC Summaries and Abridged Edition 14
For use of those portions of the DDC Summaries and Abridged Edition 14 of the Dewey Decimal Classification made available on the Research section of the OCLC Web site (collectively, the "DDC"), the following terms and conditions apply in addition to the OCLC ResearchWorks license:
- Use of the DDC and Attribution. Use of the DDC is subject to the OCLC ResearchWorks license. Please note that the "non-commercial use" authorized by Section 1 of the OCLC ResearchWorks license is not to be construed as permitting use of the DDC that (although internal) supports or otherwise facilitates your commercial activities. All use of the DDC requires that the following proprietary rights notice be displayed on the initial page of the relevant interface or in an equally prominent and appropriate place:
All copyright rights in the Dewey Decimal Classification system are owned by OCLC. Dewey, Dewey Decimal Classification, DDC and WebDewey are registered trademarks of OCLC.
- Limitations of Abridged Edition 14 Data. Please note the following with respect to Abridged Edition 14 of the Dewey Decimal Classification as accessed via the DeweyBrowser made available on the ResearchWorks web site ("ResearchWorks abr14"):
- ResearchWorks abr14 is a static file and is not updated regularly;
- ResearchWorks abr14 does not include Notes; and
- ResearchWorks abr14 should not be considered the authoritative Abridged Edition 14 file. (Abridged WebDewey provides access to the authoritative Abridged Edition 14 file.)
T&C last updated 6 October 2005.
This Web page last updated 6 October 2005.