OCLC publishes 2011/2012 annual report to the membership
In the report, which was mailed to member libraries this week, Jay Jordan, OCLC President and Chief Executive Officer, wrote that libraries continued their strong use of OCLC systems and services in fiscal 2012. Members of the OCLC cooperative used OCLC to:
- catalog 423.9 million items online and via batchload
- add 37.9 million new records to the WorldCat database
- arrange 9.2 million interlibrary loans
- perform 58 million end-user reference searches on the OCLC FirstSearch service
- perform 231.3 million click-throughs from partner sites on the Web to the WorldCat.org landing page
- add 21.7 million records to WorldCat for digital objects via the WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway.
Mr. Jordan also noted that OCLC is generating new connections for libraries and their users by making the cooperative’s bibliographic records available through linked open data, which will provide a dramatic new level of access to library collections on the Web. In addition, he said that the cooperative’s strategic initiative to build new Webscale management services with libraries continued to grow as 47 libraries were using these services in fiscal 2012.
View Full report>>