How Libraries Stack Up: 2010
This new report examines the economic, social and cultural impact of libraries in the United States. As the current economic environment is impacting library budgets and library usage is increasing, particular attention is paid to the role that libraries play in providing assistance to job-seekers and support for small businesses. Information includes statistics on:
- Americans receiving job-seeking help and career assistance at public libraries
- Libraries as a resource for small businesses
- The prevalence and scope of library activity in the United States
- Libraries as providers of free services to the community such as Wi-Fi access, technology training and meeting rooms
- Comparisons of library activities to various retail and entertainment businesses
Two versions of the printed report are available for download; one in color and one optimized for black-and-white printing. You can also download two PowerPoint versions of the report; one with all the information from the printed report, and one that has many of the graphics from the report along with blank spaces for you to customize for your library.