Good Practices for Great Outcomes: Cataloging Efficiencies that Make a Difference
, Dean, University Library System, Wayne State University welcomed 88 participants to this June 17 event, generously hosted by the Wayne…
Dit evenement is afgelopen.
Dr. Sandra Yee, Dean, University Library System, Wayne State University welcomed 88 participants to this June 17 event, generously hosted by the Wayne State University Libraries. Roy Tennant of OCLC Research and Steven Bowers, Executive Director of the Detroit Area Library Network, delivered the keynote presentations at this event, and OCLC's Member Services Consultant, Carole Myles, discussed ways to increase efficiencies using OCLC services.
We also featured speakers from our member community, including:
- Jody Harnish from Ann Arbor District Library
- Beth Callahan from Wayne State University, who discussed workflow efficiencies and cataloging challenges.
Resources from this event:
- Welcome [Streaming video,5 minutes]
Dr. Sandra Yee, Dean, University Library System, Wayne State University
- Opening Keynote: “A Bibliographic Metadata Infrastructure for the 21st Century” [Streaming video,55 minutes] [PDF, 45 slides]
Roy Tennant, OCLC Research
- OCLC Services that Increase Efficiencies [Streaming video, 14 minutes] [PDF, 18 slides]
Carole Myles, OCLC Member Services Consultant
- "When a Cataloger Who Hates Cataloging Meets a Library that Loves Change, then Interesting Things Can Happen" [Streaming video, 19 minutes] [PDF, 31 slides]
Jody Harnish, Librarian, Ann Arbor District Library
- “Workflow Improvement for Patron Satisfaction”[Streaming video, 10 minutes] [PDF, 20 slides]
Beth Callahan, Assistant Director for Acquisitions, Materials Processing & Preservation, Wayne State University
- Panel Discussion [Streaming video, 27 minutes]
- Closing Keynote: "Going Public with Technical Services: Trends Focusing on User Access" [Streaming video, 27 minutes] [PDF, 18 slides]
Steven Bowers, Executive Director, Detroit Area Library Network (DALNET)
17 juni 2011
17 juni 2011