Get together with the OCLC cooperative online or in person! We offer a variety of events both physical and virtual for different engagement and comfort levels. You can decide what’s best for you based on what you need to know. Use this list to keep informed of upcoming meetings, conferences, events and webinars that OCLC plans to host or attend.
05 May 2015
Join this 30-minute webinar with guest presenters from Saddleback College. Jenny Langrell, Library Department Chair and Systems Librarian, and Lydia Welhan, Technical Services Librarian, will share their library’s experience with WorldShare Managment Services (WMS). During this session, you will:
- Hear why Saddleback College chose to implement WMS
- Learn the ways WMS is creating efficiencies for staff, faculty and students
- Explore how WMS has enabled this library to spend less time managing systems so staff can focus on priorities.
Jenny and Lydia will have plenty of time to answer audience questions. Register to join the live event and bring your questions.
06 May 2015
During this one-hour overview demonstration, you will see how WorldShare Management Services:
- Help your library simplify your electronic resources management workflows
- Improve discovery and access of your library’s e-resources, including e-books, e-journal packages, databases and open access collections
- Free you from the restrictions of local hardware and software, and provide more time to focus on serving your users and community.
12 May 2015
Access to OCLC FirstSearch will end in December 2015.
14 May 2015
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- Get a first-hand look at how your library can save time in your acquisitions workflows
- See how all physical and electronic acquisitions functions are available from one Web-based interface, eliminating the need to go back and forth between multiple systems
- Learn how you can access WorldCat, knowledge base and vendor data easily, as well as leverage the shared work of libraries and share vendor information.
15 May 2015
Join your colleagues for a day of robust discussions about the OCLC services you use.
19 May 2015
Managing your licenses and E-resources: A detailed demonstration in WorldShare License Manager and WorldCat knowledge base
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how WorldShare License Manager brings together the two key features of electronic resource management: (1) knowledge about licenses that govern their purchase and use, and (2) knowledge base and linking technology that connect users to needed content in a single place.
License Manager: You will see how to reduce the complexity of managing all of your licenses and how you can eliminate the need to synchronize data across multiple interfaces to manage license agreements, rights, access and resolution to full text.
WorldCat knowledge base: You will see how the knowledge base provides comprehensive data about the e-resources of member libraries, automatically updating records in WorldCat, thus giving instant access to licensed resources for users. Also, you will see there is no additional necessary uploading or synchronization of licensed resources with local catalogs.
20 May 2015 - 22 May 2015
Your OCLC colleagues look forward to seeing you at the BC Library Conference in Vancouver. Please join us for the OCLC Update Breakfast on Friday, May 22.
03 June 2015 - 05 June 2015
Join your colleagues at the Canadian Library Association for its 70th National Conference and Trade Show.
03 June 2015
OCLC Canada and the Canadian Library Association invite you to attend the "Symposium on Innovation in Canadian Libraries."
03 June 2015
During this one-hour overview demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how the services help you to simplify your library management workflows
- Learn how the services improve discovery and access of your library’s physical collections, including print monographs, serials and multivolume works
- Understand how WorldShare Management Services free your library from the restrictions of local hardware and software to provide more time to focus on serving users and your community.
04 June 2015
Join this 30-minute webinar with guest presenter Christine Giannoni, Museum Librarian at The Field Museum in Chicago, Illinois. Christine will share her library’s experience with WorldShare Managment Services (WMS). During this session, you will:
- Hear why The Field Museum chose to implement WMS
- Learn the ways WMS is streamlining work to save staff time
- Explore how WMS is increasing visibility of the library's collections and improving the library user experience.
Christine will have plenty of time to answer audience questions. Register to join the live event and bring your questions.
The Field Museum Library serves staff of the renowned Chicago institution, visiting scholars and the general public with a small staff of seven. The library’s collections are an indispensable resource for the Museum’s research, exhibit development and educational programs. The library has been using WMS since May 2014.
09 June 2015
This program will include an overview of new features now available in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan as well as information about plans for future enhancements to the service.