Únase a la cooperativa de OCLC en línea o en persona. Ofrecemos diversos eventos tanto presenciales como virtuales, para distintos niveles de participación y conveniencia. Usted puede decidir cuál es el mejor para usted, en función de lo que necesita saber. La siguiente lista lo mantendrá informado de las próximas reuniones, conferencias, eventos y seminarios web que OCLC planea organizar o a los que planea asistir.
01 julio 2015
This program will include an overview and demo of the new WorldShare Report Designer.
14 julio 2015
Join us for a one-hour webinar to learn how you can simplify daily activities for your librarians. Hear how OCLC’s cloud-based strategy will allow you to:
- Reform workflows by utilizing cooperatively shared data, built and maintained by librarians
- Manage electronic and print collections through a single, Web-based interface
- Make discovery, access and delivery more convenient for your users.
15 julio 2015
Redefining workflows: Shifting from Cataloging to Curation
WMS success story: Pritzker Military Museum & Library
Join this 30-minute webinar with guest presenter Theresa Embrey, Chief Librarian at the Pritzker Military Museum & Library. Theresa will share her library’s experience with WorldShare Management Services (WMS). During this session, you will:
- Hear why the Pritzker Military Museum & Library chose to implement WMS
- Learn the ways WMS is streamlining work to save staff time
- Explore how WMS has enabled this library to spend less time on routine cataloging tasks so staff can focus on other priorities.
16 julio 2015
Expanding discovery and visibility of all your library’s collections:
A demo of WorldCat Discovery Services and WMS
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldCat® Discovery Services, including how they work with WorldShare® Management Services, you will:
- See how you can provide your end users with single-search access to your library’s full array of resources–electronic, print and digital
- Understand how your library can gain more visibility on the Web through OCLC's partnerships with leading search engines and popular sites
- Learn how staff and users can choose from integrated delivery options, including linking to full text through built-in link resolutions and an A to Z list, linking to your OPAC and requesting items via consortial borrowing systems or interlibrary loan
- Hear how simple these OCLC services are to configure and maintain, and how they build on OCLC services your library already may use.
30 julio 2015
Access to OCLC FirstSearch will end in December 2015.
13 agosto 2015
During this one-hour overview demonstration, you will see how WorldShare Management Services:
- Help your library simplify your electronic resources management workflows
- Improve discovery and access of your library’s e-resources, including e-books, e-journal packages, databases and open access collections
- Free you from the restrictions of local hardware and software, and provide more time to focus on serving your users and community.
18 agosto 2015
This program will include an overview of new features now available in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan as well as information about plans for future enhancements to the service.
19 agosto 2015
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- Get a first-hand look at how your library can save time in your acquisitions workflows
- See how all physical and electronic acquisitions functions are available from one Web-based interface, eliminating the need to go back and forth between multiple systems
- Learn how you can access WorldCat, knowledge base and vendor data easily, as well as leverage the shared work of libraries and share vendor information.
25 agosto 2015
Managing your licenses and e-resources: A detailed demonstration in WorldShare License Manager and WorldCat knowledge base
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how WorldShare License Manager brings together the two key features of electronic resource management: (1) knowledge about licenses that govern their purchase and use, and (2) knowledge base and linking technology that connect users to needed content in a single place.
License Manager: You will see how to reduce the complexity of managing all of your licenses and how you can eliminate the need to synchronize data across multiple interfaces to manage license agreements, rights, access and resolution to full text.
WorldCat knowledge base: You will see how the knowledge base provides comprehensive data about the e-resources of member libraries, automatically updating records in WorldCat, thus giving instant access to licensed resources for users. Also, you will see there is no additional necessary uploading or synchronization of licensed resources with local catalogs.
26 agosto 2015
Access to OCLC FirstSearch will end in December 2015.
17 septiembre 2015
During this one-hour overview demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how the services help you to simplify your library management workflows
- Learn how the services improve discovery and access of your library’s physical collections, including print monographs, serials and multivolume works
- Understand how WorldShare Management Services free your library from the restrictions of local hardware and software to provide more time to focus on serving users and your community.