Record-at-a-time cataloging for physical and electronic resources
Streamline metadata management workflows
WorldShare Record Manager allows you to create new and enrich existing items in WorldCat with efficient, record-at-a-time metadata management for your physical and electronic materials using either a MARC 21 editor or a Text View editor. Plus, with Record Manager, you can set and delete WorldCat holdings and export bibliographic records.
Manage records quickly and easily
The current release of WorldShare Record Manager complements functionality available in Connexion. OCLC will continue to enhance Record Manager over the next few years to further streamline metadata management and to enhance discoverability of your library's materials.
With WorldShare Record Manager, you can:
- Create and enrich WorldCat bibliographic records using either a MARC 21 editor or a Text View editor
- Set and Delete WorldCat holdings
- Export bibliographic records and manage lists of records to export
- Save in-progress bibliographic records to online save file, accessible from both Record Manager and Connexion
- Manage local holdings records (LHRs) and local bibliographic data (LBD)
- Create and print spine labels from LHRs or bibliographic records
- Search and display Dutch, German, Library of Congress, Maori, and MeSH authority records
- View information on WorldCat Works
- Incorporate auto-suggest FAST subject headings
- Save/Reuse field strings
- Link to the RDA Toolkit via IP authentication
Note to OCLC Cataloging Subscribers: Record Manager is available to early adopters. The end-of-life date for Connexion has not yet been defined.
WorldShare Record Manager service