WorldCat® cataloging partners
Publishers and material vendors can partner with OCLC and offer their customers a unique value-added service that will get them noticed. Our vendor-prompted cataloging programs enable library customers to obtain corresponding WorldCat bibliographic records at the same time they receive ordered materials.
Each program includes options to set the library's ownership information on the WorldCat records. If the library also subscribes to WorldCat as part of our FirstSearch® reference service, their copy of that title can be found on online search engines such through WorldCat.org™.
Vendors, help library customers spend less time handling new titles and searching for cataloging records. They'll appreciate it!
WorldCat Cataloging Partners Vendors Program
- Libraries place their orders through OCLC's cataloging partner collections copy-cataloging service.
- Vendors send a copy of the manifest to OCLC for matching against WorldCat.
- OCLC simultaneously provides WorldCat records when the physical shipment arrives.
- Optionally, vendors can deliver materials in "shelf-ready" form using labels from the cataloging partners collection service.
- Libraries can significantly reduce their cataloging costs.
Learn more about requirements and how the program works.
Complete documentation available is in the WorldCat Cataloging Partners Vendor Guide.
YBP Cataloging Plus Service
- The YBP Cataloging Plus service consists of materials and WorldCat catalog records from YBP.
- YBP Cataloging Plus is available to OCLC member libraries and libraries using CatExpress who have a current OCLC Cataloging and Metadata or CatExpress subscription.
- Libraries order the service—new materials and the accompanying catalog records—from their YBP Sales Consultant.
- Holdings are set in WorldCat based upon weekly batch file updates from YBP.
- YBP will bill the library for their YBP Cataloging Plus subscription, which covers the catalog records and YBP processing fees. Billing for the library materials is done by YBP.
- For an additional fee, libraries have the option of receiving records for 100% of the new materials obtained through YBP Cataloging Plus.
- YBP Cataloging Plus delivers the WorldCat catalog records to the libraries along with the materials.
- YBP Cataloging Plus offers shelf-ready options.
Mark Kendall, Senior Vice President, Sales, YBP Library Services