The June 2017 release for CONTENTdm is now live, and it further improves the newly redesigned end-user interface for CONTENTdm. The CONTENTdm responsive website adapts to any screen size and has significant usability, performance and accessibility improvements.
This release contains several additional improvements to the new responsive website:
- Map-based browse: a mobile-friendly discovery widget
- Embedded streaming video: showcasing third-party content
- More intuitive display of metadata fields
- Improved support for banner images in the page header
- Accessibility improvements to increase CONTENTdm’s adherence to WCAG 2.0
- Several other enhancements and bug fixes
For more details about this release, see the CONTENTdm Release Notes page. This release is available to users hosted in an OCLC data center.
Note: The responsive website exists alongside current 6.x CONTENTdm websites. Public URLs will default to version 6.x websites until you request to make the switch. Nothing in 6.x is changing in this release. When you are ready for your end users to start using the new responsive website, you will need to contact OCLC Support to schedule the upgrade.
See what one CONTENTdm user has to say about the new interface:
"We upgraded our CONTENTdm instance on March 29. The staff who have reviewed the new interface, including myself, were very impressed with the display and functionality, both on a desktop computer and on smartphones and tablets. I know that increased usability with smaller devices was a goal of the new interface, and you’ve succeeded very nicely.”
Robert Gessner, Systems Librarian