Content in all formats from libraries and publishers around the world
Your users don't want to spend time searching multiple interfaces for the answers they need. They want you to connect them to the most appropriate materials, regardless of the source or medium. WorldCat Local searches a universe of more than 1.8 billion resources across print, digital and electronic formats. In a world where instant answers are available online from a variety of sources, your library can distinguish itself by providing deep, rich, relevant and locally unique services. WorldCat Local helps you make that happen.
WorldCat Local gives your users the ability to search more than 1.8 billion items in a wide variety of formats:
- Journals: More than 99,867 journals represented from sources including ArticleFirst, MEDLINE, ERIC, British Library Inside Serials, PapersFirst, ProceedingsFirst, JSTOR, OAIster and Elsevier.
- Databases: A central index of content from multiple sources provides faster, more efficient results. View databases by name, subscription provider, central index availability or remote index inclusion.
- eBooks: More than 15 million titles from current partners (including NetLibrary, ebrary and myiLibrary), as well as records from publishers, those contributed directly by member libraries, and records for public domain eBooks from sources such as the Google Books Project.
- Special collections: Unique collections from leading institutional repositories and archives such as OAIster and ArchiveGrid connect users to rare and scholarly materials.
- Open Access content: 8+ million records of open-access full text content from repositories that include HathiTrust, Google Books, OAIster, JSTOR Early Content Online, NDLTD: the Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations.
- Evaluative content: More than 35 million data elements (Tables of Contents, cover art, summaries, etc.).
- Vendor records: OCLC works with publishers to add vendor records for materials already licensed by WorldCat Local libraries.
- Knowledge base data: Electronic resource ownership information in the new WorldCat knowledge base delivers one-click access to electronic articles from WorldCat Local search results.
What's inside WorldCat Local
WorldCat Local includes access to a wide variety of electronic, licensed, physical and locally digitized materials. Evaluative content and links to over 2 billion library holdings help add even more value to the discovery process.
- Databases/collections 2,092
- ISSNs represented by article content 99,867
- Articles 1.4+ billion
- Digital content items 42 million
- eBooks 15 million
- Institutional repository records 32 million
- Theses and dissertations 20 million
- Sound recordings 16 million
- Visual materials 12 million
- Archival materials 36 million
- Serials 12 million
- Conference proceedings 14 million
- Musical scores 7 million
- Maps (including atlases & gazetteers) 4 million
- Books 259 million
- Evaluative content 35 million
As of 26 September 2014. Most up-to-date content statistics available here.