Members with full-level cataloging authorizations have the ability to improve, upgrade, and make changes to the majority of WorldCat master records
Benefits of the Expert Community
- Utilizes contributions from the Expert Community catalogers
- Changes can be made to records with all encoding levels, including full-level cataloging records
- Improved sharing—more libraries making upgrades to master records
- Timeliness—record edits are made in real time so there’s no waiting for updates to appear in the database
- Extended portability—network level cataloging for use in the local catalog
- Increased flexibility—maintenance of WorldCat records can be shared equally among OCLC staff and member libraries
We welcome all member libraries with full-level cataloging authorizations to participate in the Expert Community.
Participants are able to correct, improve and upgrade all WorldCat master records, with the exception of PCC records (BIBCO and CONSER records). Library of Congress records that are not PCC records are included.
Libraries that want to replace PCC records in OCLC WorldCat must apply for PCC membership.
The first step in applying for PCC membership is attending training for and achieving membership in the Name Authorities Cooperative (NACO).
For more information