New WorldShare ILL features include Article Exchange preview, printing enhancements
Several new WorldShare ILL features are listed here. Additional information is available in the February 2014 WorldShare Interlibrary Loan Release Notes.
Preview of Article Exchange documents
Borrowers and lenders may now preview uploaded documents once before sharing the document link with a borrowing library or patron.
Lenders may preview an uploaded document before sending a document to the borrowing library.
Borrowers may preview a document once before sending the document link to their requesting patron. Patrons may still view each document five times before it is deleted from Article Exchange.
Customized boot straps
Book straps can be customized to include elements such as a library logo, patron data and a note. This customization is set up in OCLC Service Configuration.
Addition of request ID barcode to lender book stickers
Batch processing of 100 requests at a time
END OF SUPPORT FOR INTERNET EXPLORER VERSION 8
With this release, WorldShare ILL no longer supports Internet Explorer 8. This change is in line with Microsoft's plan to end support for Windows XP on April 8, 2014. The service may continue to work with IE 8; however, over time users will likely experience degradation in functionality. This decision was made for several reasons:
- Microsoft has required users to update from IE8 to IE9 through Windows Update (although users are able to opt out of this update).
- Modern browsers provide better security and performance.
- Supporting out-of-date browser versions adds to development and support time. This has an impact on how quickly new features can be delivered on WorldShare ILL.
If your institution plans to continue unsupported use of Windows XP after April 8, 2014 we highly recommend that you install either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for an improved experience with WorldShare ILL.
LEARN MORE ABOUT FEBRUARY WORLDSHARE ILL ENHANCEMENTS:
- Review February 2014 WorldShare Interlibrary Loan Release Notes for additional details.
WORLDSHARE INTERLIBRARY LOAN DATES TO REMEMBER:
- April 14, 2014: New requests can no longer be placed in WorldCat Resource Sharing
- May 19, 2014: End of access to WorldCat Resource Sharing