EMEA has 10 delegates to represent the region at OCLC Global Council. This year 2 of our existing delegates will complete their terms, leaving 2 open positions. In most years, there are seats open to represent a specific country or type of library. Those designated seats are all filled with incumbent delegates, so this year, the open positions will be for delegates from countries not currently represented.
OCLC EMEA Regional Council Executive Committee and Global Council Candidates
OCLC would like to congratulate all of our candidates and would like to thank the members who took the time to nominate their colleagues, voting closed on 6 March 2014. OCLC will be sending all EMEA voting representatives instructions.
Following the Global Council Election call for nominations we can now announce the five chosen candidates:
- Mohamed Mubarak, Senior Librarian, Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies, Qatar
- Ulf-Göran Nilsson, Library Director, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Vanessa Middleton, Head Librarian, Petroleum Institute University and Research Center, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Guy Cobolet, Directeur, Bibliothèque Interuniversitaire de Santé Paris, France
- Amada Marcos Blazquez, Head Librarian, IE, Spain
Cast your vote by 14 March 2014.
Voting representatives (there is only one voting representative per qualified OCLC member institution) should shortly receive an e-mail invitation to vote. If you are the voting representative on behalf of your institution, please check your e-mail (including junk and spam folders) for that e-mail. It contains your unique username and password, plus the URL you need to cast your vote online.
All voting will be conducted online. If the voting representative at your institution has recently changed, or did not receive the e-mail invitation to vote, please complete this form to update our records with the new voting representative's contact information. You (or your library’s director) will need your OCLC symbol to confirm or update your organisation’s voting contact information.
Learn more about the EMEA Regional Council.
Find out how you can get involved! We have many active committees, in addition to elected positions.
Global Council currently meets in person twice per year. OCLC streams the general sessions of these meetings for all members.
The results will be announced during the Global Council Meeting to be held in Dublin, Ohio, USA, on 10 April 2014, and a news release will be issued shortly after that date. If you have any questions regarding the EMEARC nominations and elections process, please send an e-mail to Dorien Hooman, Legal Director and Secretary.
Special thanks to the EMEA Regional Council Nominating Committee Members
Thanks also to the 2013–2014 EMEA Regional Council Nominating Committee, who worked diligently on your behalf to create a slate that ensures diverse representation in terms of geography, organisation type and size, as well as the expertise of the candidates.
- Anja Smit, Library Director Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- Cendrella Habre, University Librarian, Lebanese American University Lebanon
- Fiona Parsons, Director of Learning and Information Services, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Rupert Schaab, Deputy Director, University of Goettingen, Germany