New features added to EZproxy 5.7.26 includes support for SHA-256 signing of SAML assertions. This change makes it easier to integrate with Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) and provides support for some federations that require SHA-256 signing.
Additional bug fixes include the following:
- MimeFileter matching. Previously EZproxy matched MimeFilter Directive on "M", but this overlapped with the MetaFind statement. Now Ezproxy requires you to use the string “MimeFilter” to match the MimeFilter directive. Note that the match is case insensitive.
- Resolve an issue with LDAP authentication that could result in crashes
- Removed extraneous start-up messages. Removed showing status at startup for already removed directives that dictate maximums for the number of databases (MD) and excluded IP addresses (MI).
- Implemented a warning for the SSLCipherSuite directive that states that it needs to be in config.txt before the LoginPortSSL directive in order for it to take effect
- Resolved a problem where III authentication with a Password PIN using https would fail
- Other general bug fixes were also addressed in this release.
EZproxy Hosted service is available
A hosted version of EZproxy is available. Libraries that subscribe to the hosted version are automatically and seamlessly upgraded with each new release of the service. They also enjoy 24 x 7 x 365 support for off-site authentication of electronic content with no servers or IT infrastructure required.
We encourage you to upgrade to EZproxy 5.7.26 or move to the hosted version to stay current with the latest features. Please review the enhancements page and upgrade at your earliest convenience.