OCLC WorldShare™ License Manager
Manage your licensed and electronic resources
In the complex world of electronic resource management, License Manager provides a simplified approach for managing subscriptions, access, licenses and vendor and rights management.
- Libraries predict even greater demand for access to online databases and articles over the next five years. License Manager saves time and streamlines workflows in this critical area of service delivery by combining the WorldCat Knowledge Base, link resolution and full-featured license and subscription management in a single service.
- Online access to resources has a direct impact on the user's experience of the library. License Manager helps libraries to deliver an efficient and responsive service particularly in areas like troubleshooting where reaction times are important.
- WorldShare License Manager is a cloud-based service. There is no hardware required for it to run locally. It also operates as an entirely standalone service, meaning there are no restrictions based on your choice of library management system.
- WorldShare Licence Manager capitalises on the cloud environment to publicly share and 'crowdsource' information. So introducing efficiencies into the process of originating and managing vendor and license information where data fields are common to all.
- With the launch of hosted EZProxy, libraries have the option to move access and identity management of their electronic resources to a fully managed service at the same time.
“The way I'd describe OCLC License Manager is it's a purpose-built license manager. It's an ERM that streamlines workflow.”
Elliot Polak, Head of Library Technology
Watch this space for Worldshare License Manager events.