LBS at a glance
OCLC's Local Library System (LBS) is a fully proven, web based library management system that provides flexible management of information for over 200 academic and college libraries in the Netherlands and Germany.
LBS offers a full range of functionality including circulation, acquisitions and controls, serials control, reporting, easy-to-use, intuitive, end-user and staff interfaces.
The system offers a range of configuration options that enable libraries to configure the system to suit their individual requirements.
LBS can also be integrated with the CBS – a generic solution for the creation and maintenance of union catalogs; cataloging is primarily done in CBS and transferred to LBS in real time for the local process of data.
- Fully proven, web based library management system in operation in over 200 academic and college libraries.
Optimum cataloging and acquisitions efficiency through integration with LBS.
- Flexible integration of external systems and data such as direct links with publishers and suppliers through a Web browser interface.
- Third party interoperability enabling bibliographic and user data import, cross-searching of third party catalogs and integration with self-service devices.
- Online link with ILL systems based on ISO ILL.
- Powerful OPAC providing optimum cost effectiveness for performance and hardware investments.
- Online Links to national or regional cataloging and ILL systems
- Hosted solution or local implementation option
- Compliant with state-of-the-art standards: XML – XSLT, SIP2, ISO ILL, SRU, Z39.50 etc.
- Allows use by multiple libraries that can optionally share (parts of) their data or work completely separated
- Up to date bibliographic information available in all modules
- Full range of library housekeeping modules
- Web browser staff interface
- Easy-to-use intuitive Web-based OPAC
- OPAC training module for new students
- IDM Connector