News & Events
Watch this space for upcoming Dewey Services events.
25 October 2013 - 25 October 2013
Presented at the Classification & Visualization: Interfaces to Knowledge International UDC Seminar.
02 October 2012 - 02 October 2012
Presented at Mohican 2012: Radical Opportunities, New Trends for Technical Services in Loudonville, Ohio.
07 February 2012 - 07 February 2012
See a preview of the newly released Abridged Edition 15 and learn about the new features in this print edition of the DDC, including:
- Many new topics and significant updates to selected fields
- A complete overhaul to the representation of groups and people
- Elimination of dual headings and unbalanced spans
- Cessation of partial abridgement of parallel notation
15 November 2011 - 15 November 2011
Presented at the 2011 ILF Conference in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
10 March 2011 - 10 March 2011
Joan Mitchell, Editor-in-Chief of the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) system at OCLC previewed the new print edition of DDC 23. The presentation is available for download. Questions raised during the webinar will be addressed on the Dewey blog in the coming weeks.
Selected presentations from past conferences:
11th International ISKO Conference, Rome, Italy - February 2010
ALA Midwinter, Dewey Breakfast/Update - January 16, 2010
World Library and Information Congress, 75th IFLA General Conference and Council, Milan - August 25, 2009
- UDC/DDC crosswalk developed by the Czech National Library for the purpose of collection assessment (PowerPoint: 2.68 MB)
- Classifying Photographs for the World Digital Library: Draft Guidelines (PowerPoint: 3.27 MB)
- DDC Update: Formats, WebDewey 2.0, and Linked Data (PowerPoint: 859 KB)
ALA Annual, Dewey Breakfast Update - July 11, 2009
- Design of the new web version of the DDC (PowerPoint: 931.5 KB)
- Representation of DDC in MARC 21 Bibliographic Format: An Update (PowerPoint: 463 KB)
- What Does It Mean to "Use Dewey"? (PowerPoint: 3.4 MB)
- Dewey Summaries as Multilingual Linked Data (PowerPoint: 2.2 MB)
North American Symposium on Knowledge Organization - June 19, 2009
- Melvil Dewey's Ingenious Notational System (PowerPoint: 294 KB)
The Ethics of Information Organization Conference - May 22, 2009
Texas Library Association Conference - April 2, 2009
- What Does It Mean to "Use Dewey"? (PowerPoint: 11,526 KB)
All copyright rights in the Dewey Decimal Classification system are owned by OCLC.
Dewey, Dewey Decimal Classification, DDC, OCLC and WebDewey are registered trademarks of OCLC.
All copyright rights in the Dewey Decimal Classification system are owned by OCLC. Dewey, Dewey Decimal Classification, DDC, and WebDewey are registered trademarks of OCLC.