OCLC WorldShare Metadata Record Manager
Initial release of OCLC WorldShare Metadata Record Manager now available
In September 2013, OCLC introduced WorldShare Metadata Record Manager. This initial release is currently available to libraries that use OCLC WorldShare® Management Services (WMS). It provides an efficient, record-at-a-time metadata management solution to describe one-of-a-kind physical, electronic and digital items, including new functionality that will enable libraries to:
- Create and replace WorldCat® master records using either the MARC 21 editor or the Text View editor, a simplified, labeled interface
- Set and delete WorldCat holdings
- Manage local holdings records (LHRs) and local bibliographic data (LBD)
- Search and display Library of Congress authority records
- Incorporate auto-suggested FAST subject headings using the Text View editor
This release of WorldShare Metadata Record Manager complements functionality available in Connexion®. OCLC will continue to enhance WorldShare Metadata services over the next few years to further streamline metadata management and enhance discoverability of your library's materials.
To begin using Record Manager, please visit OCLC's Training Portal to access new training materials. You can also ask questions and share best practices by visiting the WorldShare Management Services User Support Center.
Note to non-WMS libraries:
Record Manager will be available to early adopter users during the second half of 2014. There is no end of life date for Connexion and additional migration information will be available at a later time.