WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway upgraded to v2.10
Version 2.10 of the WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway is now in production. The Gateway enables libraries to get more visibility for their unique digital content by sharing their metadata in WorldCat. The Gateway manages synchronization of metadata from more than 1,500 repositories in more than 1,300 libraries and organizations worldwide. There are nearly 24 million records in WorldCat managed using the Gateway. See a list of organizations using the Gateway to contribute metadata.
Version 2.10 of the Gateway includes enhancements to the user interface and improvements to sync performance.
- New features allow users to do more work without needing to contact OCLC support. These features include:
- An option to enable email notifications of scheduled harvests
- Improved error messaging details for harvest problems
- New mapping options for notes on theses and dissertations
- A new, more efficient job-scheduling mechanism supports the increasing volume of harvests performed by the Gateway, and allows current users to see harvest results faster.
A detailed list of enhancements and bug fixes is available.