OCLC will continue to add features to WorldShare Interlibrary Loan. These additions will expand the service to deliver functionality beyond that available in WorldCat Resource Sharing, including enhancements made in response to suggestions from WorldShare Interlibrary Loan users.
New features now available in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan that are not available in WorldCat Resource Sharing are:
- 2-per-page bookstrap printing
- 2-per-page request printing
- Completion of recalled requests. Lets you remove recalled requests from your queue of active transactions
“Reasons for No” have also been expanded:
- Two new reasons added to both WorldShare Interlibrary Loan and WorldCat Resource Sharing are: “Offsite” and “Too new to lend.”
- Reasons in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan now match those in WorldCat Resource Sharing
The display of search results in order by number of holdings, also included in WorldCat Resource Sharing, is also now available in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan.
Visit the list of future functionality to see updates on plans for future enhancements to the new service.
View the recording of a webinar that provided an overview of new and upcoming WorldShare Interlibrary Loan enhancements and featured a chat with the OCLC WorldShare ILL team. The chat included discussion of best practices for use of WorldShare ILL and information about plans for its ongoing enhancement and expansion.