OCLC WorldShare™ Management Services
The first cooperative management service for libraries
Creating a different future for library services
OCLC WorldShare Management Services provide a unified, Web-based environment that streamlines cataloging, acquisitions, license management and circulation and offers a powerful discovery and delivery tool for library users.
Both replacing and standing apart from traditional ILS systems, OCLC WorldShare Management Services enable libraries to share infrastructure costs and resources, as well as collaborate in ways that free them from the restrictions of local hardware and software.
Webscale management, in conjunction with WorldCat Local, represents the most significant development in librarianship since automation. My anticipation is that WMS will continue to evolve as new technologies and user needs demand.”
Peter G. Obuchan, Newbury College Director of Library Services
The top reasons libraries are choosing OCLC WorldShare Management Services:
- Shared data. Aggregated data connects WorldCat, the WorldCat knowledge base, vendor records, local holdings records, publisher data, authority records and more.
- Entirely Web-based. When you no longer have to purchase hardware and software, or manage updates, you can reallocate your resources to more important projects and tasks.
- Radically-improved workflows. Seamless integration of ordering, receiving and cataloging saves time.
- Intuitive and streamlined staff interface. Common interface manages all physical and licensed and digital materials.
- Increased visibility on the Web. OCLC partnerships redirect users from the open Web straight to your library.
- Single search access. Google-like searching with WorldCat Local—the discovery interface for WorldShare Management Services—delivers content from your library and the world's library collections.
- Apps from OCLC WorldShare Platform. Creation, sharing and use of new applications enhances your staff and patron experience.
OCLC WorldShare Management Services: In libraries now. Ready for your library today.
Contact us to determine the implementation timeframe that is right for your library or group.
“From its inception, we have engaged member libraries to advise us every step of the way. It is truly the ongoing result of collective innovation.”
Andrew K. Pace, OCLC Executive Director of Networked Library Services
Ready, Set, Go with OCLC WorldShare Management Services
18 June 2013
Find out how OCLC WorldShare® Management Services provide a new cooperative approach to managing library services, such as integrated acquisitions, cataloging, circulation, patron administration, resource sharing and e-resource management.
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time [UTC -4]