OLIB at a glance
For nearly two decades, OLIB has been at the forefront of library management; successfully streamlining back-room operations and opening up new ways to deliver library information to end-users.
OLIB now offers either a Web-based or a Microsoft-style Windows interface for library staff to utilise for both library housekeeping tasks and for searching. WebView is the OPAC, used by end-users for searching and self-service.
- The WebView OPAC empowers users to help themselves by providing access to usefully packaged data; e.g. reading lists and by offering self-service functions. It also reduces staff time spent on routine circulation queries. It enables the library to extend services beyond traditional catalogue searching to offer enquiry and purchase request facilities.
- Customisation via the Layout Manager tool provides the flexibility to broaden the scope of the catalogue to deliver information on any media type, with options to create user-defined catalogue screens for media as diverse as www sites and key contacts. In addition it enables authorised library staff to 'customise' the system to meet local requirements in terms of terminology, workflow and general working practices whilst maintaining a supportable environment.
- Compliance with wide range of library and IT standards and initiatives including: MARC21, Z39.50, SIP, ISO ILL and OAI. It ensures interoperability with third-party systems and data sources, enabling bibliographic and user data import, cross-searching of third-party catalogues and integration with self-issue devices.
- Significant experience of data conversion from legacy systems ensures smooth and efficient data migration from current library management systems to OLIB. Also offers options to improve quality of data by removing inconsistencies and inaccuracies as part of the process, saving valuable staff time in manual data tidying whilst improving data recall.
- Full range of library housekeeping modules
- Choice of Web or Windows-based system
- Hosted solution or local implementation
- Sophisticated range of user services available in the WebView OPAC
- Customisable input screens offering flexibility