Several new WorldShare ILL enhancements are described below. Additional details about all WorldShare ILL July enhancements are provided in the August 2014 WorldShare Interlibrary Loan Release Notes.
- Borrower and lender links to Policies Directory entries.
New links to the Policies Directory enable lenders to link to borrower entries and borrowers to link to lender entries from appropriate places in the borrowing or lending process. With these links, staff can quickly consult the policies that will help them effectively more forward with request initiation or processing.
- Closed requests display due date, received date and shipped date, for quick reference by ILL staff.
- Manual status changes for borrowers and lenders replace automatic changes.
- Borrowers may manually move requests from Not Reviewed to Reviewed.
- Lenders may manually move requests from New to Considering.
- Borrower reprint of book straps and shipping labels.
- Lender reprint of book straps, shipping labels and stickers.
- Due Date added to lender book strap.
- Lender printouts display Referral Date.
In the New or Considering queues, a printout reflects the date of the last action taken on a request.
- Additional fields display in results.
Detailed bibliographic displays now include additional fields, to help staff select the correct record to use for initiating an ILL request. Added fields are:
- Serial publication date (MARC 362)
- Genre/form (MARC 655, 648 and 653)
- Identifiers added to holdings display.
ILL staff may now select the icon to view additional bibliographic identifiers without returning to a previous bibliographic record display.
COMING SOON: ILL enhancements in WorldCat Discovery Services
In early August, WorldCat Discovery Services will add two features that will benefit libraries that use WorldShare ILL. Watch for an announcement that the following ILL enhancements have been added to WorldCat Discovery:
- Customizable ILL request form.
Library staff may use OCLC Service Configuration to customize the ILL request form that supports user-initiated requests. Additional details about customizable form components are provided in the August 2014 WorldShare Interlibrary Loan Release Notes.
- Staff ILL request initiation from WorldCat Discovery.
WorldShare ILL users who also subscribe to WorldCat Discovery (scheduled to replace FirstSearch in December 2015) may submit ILL requests from within WorldCat Discovery after locating the appropriate WorldCat record by searching WorldCat Discovery. The new “Staff ILL Request” button will display to authorized ILL staff who have logged in to WorldCat Discovery using their OCLC Services username and password. Instructions for adding WorldCat Discovery access to existing WorldShare ILL accounts are available on the OCLC website.
Browsers tested with WorldShare ILL in August are:
- Chrome version 35.0.1916.153 m
- Mozilla Firefox® version 30
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer versions 9 and 10
- Details about WorldShare ILL: http://oc.lc/ill.
- WorldShare ILL Support and Training resources: