Connexion client 2.51 is released
Connexion client 2.51 is now available for download from the Software download area of Product Services Web. All Connexion client 2.40 libraries must upgrade to either Connexion client 2.50 or 2.51 by July 31, 2014. An upgrade warning message will begin appearing when you start version 2.40 beginning in June 2014. View the upgrade instructions before installing version 2.50 or 2.51.
This new version of Connexion client resolves an export problem with characters listed below for libraries that export with MARC-8 character encoding. There are no other differences between versions 2.50 and 2.51. Connexion client 2.50 users who do not use these characters do not need to upgrade to version 2.51. Both 2.5x versions will continue to be supported.
Connexion client 2.50 was released in November 2013. Both 2.50 and 2.51 include the following enhancements which are described in an overview recording:
- Armenian, Ethiopic and Syriac scripts are now supported.
- New RDA authority workforms for Family and Name Title have been implemented.
- New authority indexes Cataloging Source, Descriptive Conventions, Keyword, and Notes available for searching via the Keyword/Numeric Search drop down lists; these were previously only available via command line searching.
- GenerateAuthorityRecord macro updated to fully recognize the 264 field.
- GenerateERecord macro updated to better handle Unicode characters.
- Help, Useful Web Links list updated to link to OCLC-MARC Records documentation.
Impacted characters include:
- LATIN CAPITAL LETTER D WITH STROKE
- LATIN SMALL LETTER D WITH STROKE
- LATIN SMALL LETTER DOTLESS I
- LATIN CAPITAL LETTER L WITH STROKE
- LATIN SMALL LETTER L WITH STROKE
- LATIN CAPITAL LIGATURE OE
- LATIN SMALL LIGATURE OE
- LATIN CAPITAL LETTER O WITH HORN
- LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH HORN
- CAPITAL LETTER U WITH HORN
- LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH HORN
These characters may be viewed in the list of Extended Latin characters documentation on the Library of Congress web site.