Get together with the OCLC cooperative online and in person. Our meetings, events and programs for the global library community are all designed to help you stay current with the trends and developments in the technology and information landscape. Our events calendar contains a master list of our activities worldwide. We also issue announcements and news releases to our members and the media, as well as publish reports, regional newsletters and a member magazine.
28 May 2015
Join the next event in the Transformative Leaders webinar series for current and future library leaders. This webinar will examine the internal and external customers of today’s library and provide library leaders with tools and tips to uncover and address these needs.
Time: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
03 June 2015
During this one-hour overview demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how the services help you to simplify your library management workflows
- Learn how the services improve discovery and access of your library’s physical collections, including print monographs, serials and multivolume works
- Understand how WorldShare Management Services free your library from the restrictions of local hardware and software to provide more time to focus on serving users and your community.
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
04 June 2015
Join this 30-minute webinar with guest presenter Christine Giannoni, Museum Librarian at The Field Museum in Chicago, Illinois. Christine will share her library’s experience with WorldShare Managment Services (WMS). During this session, you will:
- Hear why The Field Museum chose to implement WMS
- Learn the ways WMS is streamlining work to save staff time
- Explore how WMS is increasing visibility of the library's collections and improving the library user experience.
Christine will have plenty of time to answer audience questions. Register to join the live event and bring your questions.
The Field Museum Library serves staff of the renowned Chicago institution, visiting scholars and the general public with a small staff of seven. The library’s collections are an indispensable resource for the Museum’s research, exhibit development and educational programs. The library has been using WMS since May 2014.
Time: 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Carey Theological College, Portage College, Regent College, St. Mark’s College and Vancouver School of Theology, have selected OCLC WorldShare Management Services as their library management system.
Red de Lectura Pública de Euskadi (Public Reading Network of Euskadi) has announced that its union catalog, which represents the collections of more than 240 municipal libraries in the Basque Country of Spain, will be added to WorldCat in 2015. The N...
Barbara Preece elected to the OCLC Board of Trustees; Peter Sidorko elected Global Council Vice President/President-Elect; Election results announced for OCLC Regional Councils