Get together with the OCLC cooperative online and in person. Our meetings, events and programs for the global library community are all designed to help you stay current with the trends and developments in the technology and information landscape. Our events calendar contains a master list of our activities worldwide. We also issue announcements and news releases to our members and the media, as well as publish reports, regional newsletters and a member magazine.
08 April 2015
Expanding discovery and visibility of all your library’s collections: A demo of WorldCat Discovery Services and WMS
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldCat Discovery Services, including how they work with WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how you can provide your end users with single-search access to your library’s full array of resources–electronic, print and digital
- Understand how your library can gain more visibility on the Web through OCLC's partnerships with leading search engines and popular sites
- Learn how staff and users can choose from integrated delivery options, including linking to full text through built-in link resolutions and an A to Z list, linking to your OPAC and requesting items via consortial borrowing systems or interlibrary loan
- Hear how simple these OCLC services are to configure and maintain, and how they build on OCLC services your library already may use.
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
20 April 2015
Global Council delegates will meet in April 2015 in Dublin, Ohio.
05 May 2015
Join this 30-minute webinar with guest presenters from Saddleback College. Jenny Langrell, Library Department Chair and Systems Librarian, and Lydia Welhan, Technical Services Librarian, will share their library’s experience with WorldShare Managment Services (WMS). During this session, you will:
- Hear why Saddleback College chose to implement WMS
- Learn the ways WMS is creating efficiencies for staff, faculty and students
- Explore how WMS has enabled this library to spend less time managing systems so staff can focus on priorities.
Jenny and Lydia will have plenty of time to answer audience questions. Register to join the live event and bring your questions.
Time: 2:00 PM – 2:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
OCLC is committed to international cooperation, research and innovation for the advancement of librarianship. The OCLC Award for Innovative Cooperation Initiatives in the Caribbean recognizes a school, academic, public or national library for an...
Twenty-two member libraries of the American Theological Library Association are now using OCLC WorldShare Management Services as their library management system.
OCLC Research and the Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE) have awarded research grants to Matthew Griffis of the University of Southern Mississippi, Jin Ha Lee of the University of Washington and Eric Meyers of the Unive...