ILLiad hosted service
OCLC provides complete server hosting to all ILLiad™ users. This optional service includes all of the hardware and software components needed, as well as all back-ups, system and software upgrades, and customization and installation time from the developers. Whether you need some extra help setting up ILLiad or require off-site hosting of the servers, OCLC gives you solid support through reliable installation options.
The benefits of using hosting include:
- You save on server space, reduce internal technical support demands, and have no future costs for hardware or software upgrades
- We provide specific opportunities to improve your library's ILLiad performance by condensing database historical transaction data and log files
- You stay current with ILLiad upgrades
- We provide all ILLiad server components including Windows IIS Web server, MS SQL database server and dedicated firewall
- We provide 24-hour on-site monitoring of hosting hardware and software within OCLC's climate-controlled and restricted-access computer facility
- We perform incremental and full back-ups of Web server contents and database data on an hourly, nightly and weekly basis for disaster recovery requirements and off-site storage
- You have fast response to server problems by our Customer Support Department
ILLiad Migration Service
OCLC provides complimentary migration service. Dedicated OCLC staff will assist you to migrate successfully from your local ILLiad server to the OCLC ILLiad hosted service. Check out the the roadmap for a smooth transition.