Get together with the OCLC cooperative online or in person! We offer a variety of events both physical and virtual for different engagement and comfort levels. You can decide what’s best for you based on what you need to know. Use this list to keep informed of upcoming meetings, conferences, events and webinars that OCLC plans to host or attend.
All Upcoming Events
11 December 2013
Join us for an online discussion to hear from three panelists about their libraries’ decisions to move to
OCLC WorldShare® Management Services.
Our guest panel includes:
• Tim Bucknall, Assistant Dean of University Libraries and Head of Electronic Resources and Information Technologies, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
• Bobby Wynn, Director of Library Services, Fayetteville State University
• Laura Johnson, Director of Library Services, Livingstone College
- Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time [UTC -5]
This event has passed. View the archive.
07 January 2014
Join us for a webinar to get the big picture on cloud-based services and see how these services give libraries opportunities for collaboration and improved efficiency.
You’ll learn about:
• Migration and upgrades—how multi-tenancy software makes the process easier
• Cooperative sharing—how library workflows can become more efficient by sharing data
• Infrastructure savings and flexibility—how the cloud reduces the need for hardware and delivers access to resources at the user’s point of need
• Security and privacy—certifications and best practices you should understand when considering a cloud solution.
08 January 2014
During this one-hour demonstration in the live WorldShare® platform, you’ll see WorldShare Management Services in action. We'll give you ideas on how to simplify library management workflows and improve discovery and access for your library’s e-collections, including databases, e-books, e-journal packages and open access collections.
24 January 2014
Join OCLC member-leaders and staff at ALA Midwinter for updates on OCLC programs, a Regional Council business meeting and a debate-style symposium on MOOCs. The meeting will take place on Friday, January 24, 2014, from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Eastern Time. Lunch will be provided and a reception will follow the symposium, which begins at 1:00 pm. Please make plans now to attend this event in person or virtually!
- Location: Philadelphia , PA; Online
- Time: 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time [UTC -5]