Get together with the OCLC cooperative online or in person! We offer a variety of events both physical and virtual for different engagement and comfort levels. You can decide what’s best for you based on what you need to know. Use this list to keep informed of upcoming meetings, conferences, events and webinars that OCLC plans to host or attend.
07 October 2015
A 30-minute overview of OCLC's cloud-based library management system, WorldShare Management Services.
14 October 2015
Expanding discovery and visibility of all your library’s collections: A demo of WorldCat Discovery Services and WMS
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldCat Discovery Services, including how they work with WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how you can provide your end users with single-search access to your library’s full array of resources–electronic, print and digital
- Understand how your library can gain more visibility on the Web through OCLC's partnerships with leading search engines and popular sites
- Learn how staff and users can choose from integrated delivery options, including linking to full text through built-in link resolutions and an A to Z list, linking to your OPAC and requesting items via consortial borrowing systems or interlibrary loan
- Hear how simple these OCLC services are to configure and maintain, and how they build on OCLC services your library already may use.
21 October 2015
This program will include an overview of new features now available in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan as well as information about plans for future enhancements to the service.
27 October 2015
During this one-hour panel discussion for libraries and consortia, you’ll hear from three library leaders about their groups' selection, migration and implementation experiences with WorldShare Management Services.
Lea Briggs, Special Projects & LIBROS Consortium Coordinator at University of New Mexico (LIBROS)
Kirsten Leonard, Executive Director, Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI)
Arne Almquist, Associate Provost and Dean of the Steely Library, Northern Kentucky University (SAALCK)
29 October 2015
Join us for an online virtual panel discussion to hear from libraries as they share why they made the switch from their former traditional library systems to WMS.
04 November 2015
During this one-hour overview demonstration, you will see how WorldShare Management Services:
- Help your library simplify your electronic resources management workflows
- Improve discovery and access of your library’s e-resources, including e-books, e-journal packages, databases and open access collections
- Free you from the restrictions of local hardware and software, and provide more time to focus on serving your users and community.
12 November 2015
WorldShare Management Services for Library Groups: A detailed demonstration of consortial functionality
During this one-hour demonstration of WorldShare Management Services for consortia and member libraries, you’ll see how to
- save costs and time while managing physical, digital and electronic collections;
- retain autonomy for individual libraries even within a single cloud-based system;
- extend data sharing within and beyond the group to the global library community without sacrificing privacy and policy differences; and
- identify what items your consortium owns before making purchases for your individual library.
12 November 2015
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- Get a first-hand look at how your library can save time in your acquisitions workflows
- See how all physical and electronic acquisitions functions are available from one Web-based interface, eliminating the need to go back and forth between multiple systems
- Learn how you can access WorldCat, knowledge base and vendor data easily, as well as leverage the shared work of libraries and share vendor information.
17 November 2015
Managing your licenses and e-resources: A detailed demonstration in WorldShare License Manager and WorldCat knowledge base
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how WorldShare License Manager brings together the two key features of electronic resource management: (1) knowledge about licenses that govern their purchase and use, and (2) knowledge base and linking technology that connect users to needed content in a single place.
License Manager: You will see how to reduce the complexity of managing all of your licenses and how you can eliminate the need to synchronize data across multiple interfaces to manage license agreements, rights, access and resolution to full text.
WorldCat knowledge base: You will see how the knowledge base provides comprehensive data about the e-resources of member libraries, automatically updating records in WorldCat, thus giving instant access to licensed resources for users. Also, you will see there is no additional necessary uploading or synchronization of licensed resources with local catalogs.
19 November 2015
Join this 30-minute webinar with guest presenters from the Harry A. Sprague Library at Montclair State University in New Jersey. Mary Mallery, Associate Dean of Technical Services, and Denise O’Shea, Head of Access Services & Systems, will share their library’s experience with WorldShare Management Services (WMS). During this session you will:
- Learn how the Sprague Library is saving time and money by leveraging the benefits of a cloud-based, library system, such as not having to update desktop clients
- Hear how streamlined acquisitions, cataloging and e-resources workflows have enabled the library staff to focus on new priorities, such as an institutional repository
- Find out how simplified discovery has increased patron holds and overall collection usage.
There will be plenty of time to answer audience questions. Register to join the live event and bring your questions for Mary and Denise.
03 December 2015 - 04 December 2015
The seventh annual meeting of the Asia Pacific Regional Council will take place in Melbourne, Australia. The two-day conference is part of the week’s events which includes the Libraries Australia Forum, OCLC Research Library Partnership Meeting, user group meetings, and library tours.
03 December 2015
During this one-hour overview demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how the services help you to simplify your library management workflows
- Learn how the services improve discovery and access of your library’s physical collections, including print monographs, serials and multivolume works
- Understand how WorldShare Management Services free your library from the restrictions of local hardware and software to provide more time to focus on serving users and your community.
09 December 2015
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how you can streamline all of your circulation tasks through a single, Web-based interface. You’ll also learn how your library operations can be performed on any tablet, laptop, smartphone or device with a Web browser. The portability of these devices means you can more easily complete tasks, such as inventory, because you carry out the tasks in your library’s stacks.
Circulation: You will see how to easily use the account management functions, including check-in, check-out and renewals, as well as integrated hold and fine management. We will demonstrate how the services track availability and holds in real time, enabling you to generate a pull list on demand.
Course Reserves: You will see how easy it is for anyone, including student workers, to create and duplicate a list, and store everything electronically.
15 December 2015
During this 45-minute detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services (WMS), you will learn how WMS offers cooperative workflows through a Web-based interface and how it can simplify your print serials management. Join this webinar to:
- Learn how your library can save staff time by utilizing cooperatively managed publication patterns
- See how your library can discover missing items by knowing when other libraries have received an issue that your library has not
- Learn how to simplify the renewal process for your print serial subscriptions
- Discover how the services simplify the task of including physical serials in your library’s A-Z list
- Explore the value of having all your library’s holdings in MARC 21 Format for Holding Data (MFHD).