Get together with the OCLC cooperative online or in person! We offer a variety of events both physical and virtual for different engagement and comfort levels. You can decide what’s best for you based on what you need to know. Use this list to keep informed of upcoming meetings, conferences, events and webinars that OCLC plans to host or attend.
14 October 2015
Expanding discovery and visibility of all your library’s collections: A demo of WorldCat Discovery Services and WMS
A one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldCat Discovery Services including how it works with WorldShare Management Services.
21 October 2015
This program will include an overview of new features now available in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan as well as information about plans for future enhancements to the service.
27 October 2015
During this one-hour panel discussion for libraries and consortia, you’ll hear from three library leaders about their groups' selection, migration and implementation experiences with WorldShare Management Services.
29 October 2015
Join us for an online virtual panel discussion to hear from libraries as they share why they made the switch from their former traditional library systems to WMS.
03 November 2015
Learn how to visualize your collection in the context of the collective collection, model deselection and print management scenarios, and generate custom lists to support weeding, storage and other collection management activities.
04 November 2015
A one-hour demonstration of WorldShare Management Services focusing on electronic resources and e-resource management workflows.
10 November 2015
Join a 30-minute webinar with guest presenters from the Chase Law Library at Northern Kentucky University who will share their library’s experience with WorldShare Management Services (WMS).
12 November 2015
WorldShare Management Services for Library Groups: A detailed demonstration of consortial functionality
A one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services for consortia and member libraries.
12 November 2015
A one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Acquisitions and how to simply your acquisition workflows and functions.
17 November 2015
Managing your licenses and e-resources: A detailed demonstration in WorldShare License Manager and WorldCat knowledge base
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how WorldShare License Manager brings together the two key features of electronic resource management.
19 November 2015
Join this 30-minute webinar with guest presenters from the Harry A. Sprague Library at Montclair State University in New Jersey. Mary Mallery, Associate Dean of Technical Services, and Denise O’Shea, Head of Access Services & Systems, will share their library’s experience with WorldShare Management Services (WMS). During this session you will:
- Learn how the Sprague Library is saving time and money by leveraging the benefits of a cloud-based, library system, such as not having to update desktop clients
- Hear how streamlined acquisitions, cataloging and e-resources workflows have enabled the library staff to focus on new priorities, such as an institutional repository
- Find out how simplified discovery has increased patron holds and overall collection usage.
There will be plenty of time to answer audience questions. Register to join the live event and bring your questions for Mary and Denise.
03 December 2015 - 04 December 2015
The seventh annual meeting of the Asia Pacific Regional Council will take place in Melbourne, Australia. The two-day conference is part of the week’s events which includes the Libraries Australia Forum, OCLC Research Library Partnership Meeting, user group meetings, and library tours.
03 December 2015
During this one-hour overview demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how the services help you to simplify your library management workflows
- Learn how the services improve discovery and access of your library’s physical collections, including print monographs, serials and multivolume works
- Understand how WorldShare Management Services free your library from the restrictions of local hardware and software to provide more time to focus on serving users and your community.
09 December 2015
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how you can streamline all of your circulation tasks through a single, Web-based interface. You’ll also learn how your library operations can be performed on any tablet, laptop, smartphone or device with a Web browser. The portability of these devices means you can more easily complete tasks, such as inventory, because you carry out the tasks in your library’s stacks.
Circulation: You will see how to easily use the account management functions, including check-in, check-out and renewals, as well as integrated hold and fine management. We will demonstrate how the services track availability and holds in real time, enabling you to generate a pull list on demand.
Course Reserves: You will see how easy it is for anyone, including student workers, to create and duplicate a list, and store everything electronically.
15 December 2015
During this 45-minute detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services (WMS), you will learn how WMS offers cooperative workflows through a Web-based interface and how it can simplify your print serials management. Join this webinar to:
- Learn how your library can save staff time by utilizing cooperatively managed publication patterns
- See how your library can discover missing items by knowing when other libraries have received an issue that your library has not
- Learn how to simplify the renewal process for your print serial subscriptions
- Discover how the services simplify the task of including physical serials in your library’s A-Z list
- Explore the value of having all your library’s holdings in MARC 21 Format for Holding Data (MFHD).