Resources for classifiers and scholars
If you're a classifier or a student of Dewey, sometimes you need information about the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) system rather than from it. These resources can help.
- If you need to know more about using the DDC, try Dewey Training Courses.
- The DDC 23 Introduction is a full reprint from volume 1 of DDC 23, provides a detailed overview of the DDC, including basic terminology and an explanation of DDC structure, complete with many helpful examples. If you are new to classifying with Dewey, this introduction will help you get started quickly.
- The Glossary is also reprinted from volume 1 of DDC 23, provides helpful definitions of DDC terms and gives users a common language for implementing the DDC.
- If you need a high-level view of the DDC structure, the DDC Summaries are the best place to look.
- Visit the Dewey blog for news and views on classification issues, interesting and unusual DDC resources, and a means to provide ongoing feedback to help shape the DDC's future.