A new program with Ingram enables libraries with an OCLC cataloging subscription and an account with Ingram’s MyiLibrary to set and maintain MyiLibrary e-book holdings in WorldCat automatically.
Yelp is integrating OCLC library data to supplement existing library listings on Yelp.com, ensuring that accurate addresses, phone numbers, hours and other information is available in addition to information already listed on Yelp.
New partners bring new content to WorldCat
- 320 million records from ProQuest Central are now discoverable through WorldCat Discovery Services.
- FamilySearch has added more than 1 million genealogical records into WorldCat, and links to WorldCat are now available on FamilySearch.org.
- NetAdvance is adding metadata from the JapanKnowledge and JK Books collections to WorldCat. The JapanKnowledge database represents an extensive collection of Japanese-language content, including more than 50 leading encyclopedias and dictionaries from Japan, reference materials of specialized interest such as law and history, and full-text content from Japanese and other Asian literature. JK Books is an e-book platform for reprinted Japanese magazines of the late 19th to early 20th centuries.
Two library groups choose WMS
The Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI), which provides library automation services to 23 institutions, and the LIBROS consortium of New Mexico, comprising 16 academic, community college and museum libraries, both have selected OCLC WorldShare Management Services (WMS) as their cloud-based library management system.
Christine Giannoni, Field Museum Librarian, said OCLC WorldShare Management Services is increasing visibility of the library’s collections, streamlining library staff workflows and improving the library user experience. “Our specialized collections are in high demand, and WorldShare Management Services gives us the opportunity to provide greater exposure to these unique materials.”
Jeff comes to OCLC from JPMorgan Chase, where he served as Chief Technology Officer for the digital consumer businesses and oversaw a technology team responsible for infrastructure, development, quality and operations supporting multiple businesses that serve Chase’s 35 million online customers.
- President’s Report
- The hope and hype of MOOCs
- MOOCs: a quick background
- MOOCs by the numbers
- WorldCat Works linked data: connecting library resources into the core of the Web
- Right-scaling stewardship of the collective print resource
- EMEA Regional Council 2014 Annual Meeting
- 200 WorldShare Management Services libraries live
- OCLC rolls out new discovery, knowledge base services
- Making a place in the community: public libraries go outside the box
- At a Tipping Point: a tipping point is coming to education