Explore the world:
WorldCat.org provides a variety of facets that let you narrow a search by type of item, year of publication, language and more. Recently, OCLC Research announced mapFAST Mobile, a way to search WorldCat.org for materials related to where you are right now—or any other spot on the globe—and find them in the nearest library. Your current location (or a search) provides a center for the map, and nearby FAST subject headings are added as location pins. A “Search WorldCat” link then connects you to a list of records for materials about that location in WorldCat.org.
Watch WorldCat grow in real-time…and in real places!
The API allows you to select between RSS, Atom Pub, JSON and lightweight XML formats and filter on author, title, type and other attributes of the newly added records. The sample WorldCat Live! Visualization Interface provides three interactive visualizations of this API data:
- Geography displays where OCLC members are adding items to WorldCat in real-time around the globe
- Language tracks the languages of items added
- Format tracks the format of items as they are added to WorldCat.
Format and Language both display colored bubbles that grow as new items are added.
- President's Report
- What keeps you up at night?
- WebJunction community celebrates 10 years
- New definition of membership emphasizes the collaborative nature of OCLC; Asia Pacific annual conference in Bangkok focuses on cooperation
- Health Happens in Libraries
- The Big Shift: E-book availability in public libraries
- Demystifying Born Digital
- WorldShare Update
- Explore the world with mapFAST mobile; Watch WorldCat grow in real time
- What keeps you up at night? The rapid pace of change
- WorldCat statistics