New WorldShare Interlibrary Loan features include IFM indicator, changes to batch processing and renewal workflows
This message highlights several March enhancements. Additional details are provided in the March 2014 WorldShare Interlibrary Loan Release Notes.
More visibility for Interlibrary Loan Fee Management (IFM) participants
Holdings displays now include a column that indicates which potential lenders accept IFM. All libraries that have indicated use of IFM in the OCLC Policies Directory will be identified with a "Yes" in this new column.
Expanded batch processing
Batch processing now supports 100 requests at once. All 100 requests display on a single page.
Renewal processing enhancements
Requests now display the following details related to a renewal request: due date, new due date and number of renewals for a requested item.
Redesign of shipping labels
Barcodes are now positioned at the top of 6-per-page labels, along with the request ID number.
Browsers tested with WorldShare ILL in March are:
- Chrome version 33.0.1750.146m
- Mozilla Firefox® version 27.0.1
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer versions 9 and 10
Support for Microsoft® Internet Explorer version 8 ended in February 2014. If your institution will continue to use Windows XP unsupported after 8 April 2014 we highly recommend that you install either Mozilla Firefox® or Google Chrome for an improved experience with WorldShare ILL.
Learn more about March WorldShare ILL enhancements
- Review March 2014 WorldShare Interlibrary Loan Release Notes for additional details.
- Attend a webinar to hear an overview of new WorldShare ILL features.
Date: Thursday, 20 March
Time: 1:30 pm US Eastern time
- Watch a video about using IFM in WorldShare ILL.
- View a new training course on use of the ILL direct request feature in WorldShare ILL.
WorldShare Interlibrary Loan dates to remember
- 14 April 2014: New requests can no longer be placed in WorldCat Resource Sharing
- 19 May 2014: End of access to WorldCat Resource Sharing