ILLiad version 8.3 is now available for self-hosted and hosted versions of ILLiad. Enhancements included in version 8.3 include full Unicode support, mobile web pages, and circulation interoperability with NCIP-enabled ILS systems.
Version 8.3 enhancements include:
Mobile web pages
Mobile web pages allow users to access their ILLiad accounts via iPhone or Android.
New functionality supports seamless circulation interoperability in borrowing and lending for sites with NCIP, OCLC Gateway or other add-on connections:
- Borrowing processes allow sites to track items received and returned to lending institutions using Check In from Lending Library and Check In from Customer.
- Lending processes support checkout and checkin via the local ILS.
While this version supports NCIP connectivity to your local ILS, this functionality requires customized add-ons, and there may be a cost for implementing NCIP. If you would like Atlas to create an NCIP add-on for you, contact email@example.com.
ILLiad is now fully Unicode compliant, supporting Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hebrew, Arabic, Latin Extended and other non-Western character sets.
Web service updates
- A connection to OCLC’s Item Availability web service simplifies lending as staff can view item availability within the ILLiad interface.
- OCLC’s updated web service version 1.6 splits shipping and billing addresses into separate fields.
NOTE: The Unicode enhancement will approximately double the size of your database. If you are a self-hosted site, make sure you have sufficient local space to accommodate this change. To eliminate the need to manage hardware and software upgrades locally, you may wish to transition to hosted ILLiad. Contact Alisa Whitt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843.276.8048 for hosted ILLiad details and pricing.
Hosted ILLiad users should contact OCLC or Atlas Systems to schedule their upgrade.
Additional information about ILLiad version 8.3 for current subscribers is available in the following resources:
- Announcement from Atlas Systems:
Please contact OCLC support at 800-848-5800 or email@example.com with questions about the new software version.