Get together with the OCLC cooperative online or in person! We offer a variety of events both physical and virtual for different engagement and comfort levels. You can decide what’s best for you based on what you need to know. Use this list to keep informed of upcoming meetings, conferences, events and webinars that OCLC plans to host or attend.
06 May 2014
During this session, you will learn how OCLC partnerships with over 300 organizations:
- Provide value back to OCLC members through exchange of data, connecting workflows and sharing applications
- Make it easier to find content you and your patrons need and save your library time and money in cataloging, collection management, acquisitions and other areas
- Allow your collections to be syndicated across the Web for broad exposure, bringing searchers back your library.
06 May 2014
This program will include an overview of new features now available in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan as well as information about plans for future enhancements to the service.
08 May 2014
This webinar will provide information to support your library’s transition from WorldCat Resource Sharing to WorldShare ILL by May 19, 2014.
15 May 2014
During this session, you will learn about:
- Research that indentifies the shifting changes in users' engagement with the informantion environment
- How research can help to develop better ways to attract and sustain new groups of lifelong learners
- Strategies to position the role of the library within the workflows of students and faculty.
20 May 2014
During this one-hour demonstration in the live WorldShare® platform, you’ll see WorldShare Management Services in action. We'll give you ideas on how to simplify library management workflows and improve discovery and access for your library’s e-collections, including databases, e-books, e-journal packages and open access collections.
22 May 2014
Join us to see a live demonstration of the new OCLC WorldCat Discovery Services. You'll learn how you can tailor this discovery solution to meet your institution's goals and your user's needs. We'll show you the options available and how they can help your library:
· Show users what's available in your library with real-time availability
· Provide access to all your subscriptions in a single-search with remote database searching and
our central index
· Control costs by leveraging your library's group affiliations with a group or consortium view of
· Build temporary collections of resources using course reserves/reading lists
This list includes all OCLC Research events that are open to the public. An all-inclusive list of OCLC Research events, including events exclusively for OCLC Research Library Partners, as well as recent events and outputs, is available on the OCLC Research events page.
There are currently no upcoming OCLC Research events.
WebJunction webinars are live audiovisual programs that are conducted online via WebEx web conferencing. Anyone who has an Internet connection can participate, listening to the audio broadcast through speakers or headset, or via phone. These free events allow you to meet and learn from library leaders and fellow library practitioners, primarily working in public libraries. WebJunction's webinars are generously supported by our state library partners. To view archives of past WebJunction webinars, please visit: WebJunction Event Archives.
No events scheduled