Provide your institution's students, faculty and researchers with high-quality art images.
Offer the ability to explore the art world via a Web browser
CAMIO—Catalog of Art Museum Images Online—is a premiere resource of works of art from around the world contributed and described by leading museums. Showcasing a wide range of fine and decorative art, CAMIO provides high-quality art images for education, research and enjoyment. All content is rights-cleared for educational use.
Provide access to a wide variety of art images
CAMIO includes more than 95,000 art images including photographs, paintings, sculpture, decorative and utilitarian objects, prints, drawings and watercolors, jewelry and costumes, textiles and architecture. Every work in CAMIO is represented by at least one high-resolution image and a description.
Support art history, studio art and design departments with images contributed by world-renowned museums
CAMIO supports art history, studio art, and design departments with art images for class projects, art history and studio art programs, course Web sites, lectures, presentations and research resources. The art images are from the collections of world-renowned museums, including the Smithsonian American Art Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
These leading museums worldwide currently contribute to the CAMIO database.
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery
- Asia Society Galleries
- Brooklyn Children's Museum
- The Cleveland Museum of Art
- Dallas Museum of Art
- The Detroit Institute of Arts
- Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
- The Frick Collection and Art Reference Library
- George Eastman House, International Museum of Photography
- Glasgow School of Art
- Indianapolis Museum of Art
- Library of Congress
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Louisiana State Museum
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Minneapolis Institute of Arts
- Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- The Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute
- Victoria & Albert Museum
- Walker Art Center
- Whitney Museum of American Art
“Our fine art and design students love the ability to open up CAMIO images in high resolution and full-colour, and the ability to search across different art media such as paintings, drawings or sculpture perfectly addresses the interdisciplinary way in which most of our students now work. They are always amazed at the quality of the images they can get from CAMIO.”
Fine Art and Design Librarian, Glasgow School of Art
Download the brochure
Learn more about how CAMIO can provide your institution's students, faculty and researchers with high-quality art images.